HybridZ

2+2 Owners

Challenger

Here is a source for 2+2 weather seals. A complete kit cost me around $450.00 almost a year ago.

http://www.datsunstore.com/

Nice to know other 2+2's are out there. Mine is not pretty at the moment. One of these days mine will be finished.

http://www.fairladyzg.com/index.htm

Yeah rubber seals own us when it comes to 2+2's it's cheaper to get some rubber and make them yourself.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats everybodys opinion on color? What you guys think would look better? (two colors I listed above in my other post)

Colours,

I would have to say white, no just kidding, thats for fridges.

I have always been a sucker for black but i also like the stock blue that z came with (probably because that was the colour of my brothers 260 2+2, what started my interest).

check this guys 2+2 in original blue

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2469757

sorry they aren't on your list but my order would probably be black, orginial blue, then white.

Out of your list, probably the blue.

One thing though, you must go dark as possible tint. That always transforms the look of the car.

One thing though, you must go dark as possible tint. That always transforms the look of the car.

Thats one thing I noticed also. The really dark tint makes the 2+2 look alot different for the good.

Garvice the original color looks good but a little old fashion for me. It shows that the guys painting his 2+2 midnight blue and thats the one of the colors I was considering.

It says hes swapping a buick 3.8l V6 I was down for the blue but Id stay with the L6 rather then a buick 3.8 v6.

Garvice the original color looks good but a little old fashion for me. It shows that the guys painting his 2+2 midnight blue and thats the one of the colors I was considering.

Each to his own.

It says hes swapping a buick 3.8l V6 I was down for the blue but Id stay with the L6 rather then a buick 3.8 v6.

Yeah I think he is doing some weird stuff, i didnt actually read his page. I was just googling original blue to show you.

My mate at work wants to build me a rb30det.

Rb30 block (real common in aus cause of yobbos/bogan/bevan and their vl commodores probably equivalent of f series drivin hicks/hillbillys)

RB26DETT head

and my gt35/40r turbo.

only problem is i dont have the money, and i think i would prefer to change the mega squirt for a microtech or haltech first.

My mate at work wants to build me a rb30det.

Rb30 block (real common in aus cause of yobbos/bogan/bevan and their vl commodores probably equivalent of f series drivin hicks/hillbillys)

RB26DETT head

and my gt35/40r turbo.

only problem is i dont have the money, and i think i would prefer to change the mega squirt for a microtech or haltech first.

Yeah we can always use money. Sound like Itll be a fun motor. Right now Im trying to save up for body work. We met a retired man the restores cars and he is willing to let me come out this summer and Ill pay him for the more technical stuff I cant do and Ill help with the grunt work that makes redoing body work expensive. Currently I need $373.14. Im hoping to get that by mid june when school gets out!

This is kind of off topic.

I have been looking for a scale model, large, around 1:16/18 or 24, of a 2+2 s30 z.

The only ones i can find are the 1:43 or the 240z 2 door ones.

Has any one ever seen a 2+2?

Know where I can buy one?

Cheers guys

This is kind of off topic.

I have been looking for a scale model, large, around 1:16/18 or 24, of a 2+2 s30 z.

The only ones i can find are the 1:43 or the 240z 2 door ones.

Has any one ever seen a 2+2?

Know where I can buy one?

Cheers guys

A few months ago I saw a 2 by 2 model on ebay. Some one in Australia was trying to sell it. The price was rather steep, I believe around $125.00 USD for it. It was 1:24 I think.

anyone vote this for sticky yet?

I was actually just thinking about that. Youll have to PM admin. This has really been the only 2+2 thread and 2+2 owners need to post questions where 2+2 owners can help.

I just order about 400 dollars in weatherstripping and a 2+2 headliner kit with a few other parts. I figured that if they have it right now I better get it now.

The one important part Im missing is the seal above the pillar in front of the quarter window.

Lastly would anyone mind taking a picture of the front quarter window to look at the seal and one side of the scuff plates? We took the scuff plates off nearly 4 years ago and I dont remember how they go on and they seem to not fit right. And the seal on my quarter window is shot and Im not even sure what it should look like.

I just order about 400 dollars in weatherstripping

Does that mean you now need $636.86 out of $1000.

Ha. I love it how your precise down to the cent.

Its like when i walk home from work I say it took me 1h 16m 43.05s (as if the phone stop watch realy calculates that low)

I started posting them all here, but it takes for ever so check out my photobucket album

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q63/garvice/?

Does that mean you now need $636.86 out of $1000.

I did have that much but I bought all the weatherstripping and now I only have $236.86. That means I need $763.14.

Hopefully Ill be getting more work during the summer now that I have my license as of today and Im able to drive myself where Im needed.

im kinda partial to the blue...i like the 307 and 115 stock colors, but i think they could be darkend up just a little bit, although my stock paint right now is fine im gonna have to repaint when i get my flares and fender mirrors....i have the stupid side trim. but i think im going to go for some kind of darker blue or what i mentioned, the stock colors modified a bit with flat black trim pieces

Thats what Im going for. Im probably gonna end up with it painted Dodge Rams mettallic grey with flat black trim and flat black bumpers. Ive considered Spectra blue but Im not sure if it would look good on a 2+2.

I got most my parts today and they look really nice. The chrome trim piece at the top of the door that meets the glass looks like NOS and it looks really nice! Just waiting on quarter window seals and the hatch seal.

Just page any of the admin.

• 3 weeks later...