HybridZ

2+2 Owners

Challenger

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at least us 2PLUS boyz can make non z owners jelious haha

as for that other aussie where the hell did you see all those for sale!!!

the for sale scene for zs is dead as over my way not that i could afford one if i did see some they want silly cash for coupes over here now "sigh"

cheers

Mopar...what do you mean where did I find my 2+2?

The color is close to the original 611 Wine Red Metallic (Earl Scheib did the best he could to match it...HAHA)

here's a GREAT reference to the Z colors and how they look on Z's. Too bad they're not on 2+2...but you get the idea

http://zhome.com/History/ZColorGallary/index.html

ENJOY!

-goki

Mopar...what do you mean where did I find my 2+2?

The color is close to the original 611 Wine Red Metallic (Earl Scheib did the best he could to match it...HAHA)

here's a GREAT reference to the Z colors and how they look on Z's. Too bad they're not on 2+2...but you get the idea

http://zhome.com/History/ZColorGallary/index.html

ENJOY!

-goki

I meant the blue 2+2. Where on the internet did you find it?

Bought mine a couple of years ago, ran some hillclimbs late last year but blew the L26 up in April 07, got an L28 in build currently going with some +1mm's (Stateside as it happens, Detroit) keeping the T3 hybrid blower passing it through a monster TB (76mm) with some 480cc injectors and an Emerald 3D ECU.

Post up some progress piccys later, but the attached are links to old shots from last year.

Nigel

DSC0001999_thumb.JPG

DSCF042777_thumb.JPG

DSC0002111_thumb.JPG

Could we get some bigger pictures? I agree looks great.

Well try my gallery on www.zclub.net , if this link below doesn't work then I've got the same user ID on the UK club site as here (evtech)

Gallery link

http://www.zclub.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=1970

Will get some photos of my new build as the work progresses, just got to get my 40th birthday bash :)and trip to Dublin :)out of the way this weekend and then it's all hands to the pump.

Cheers

Nigel

yah...it was a safety regulation issue. I believe after 1974.5; the 260Z was the first to have the dreaded heavy bumpers. (Anyone can correct me if i'm wrong...thats just to my knowledge)

I'm stuck with the rear one until I change it to the fiberglass thin bumper :(

Ive got both FG bumpers and Im wondering if just a smoothed out back end would look just as good. I guess Ill have to wait and see.

On a side note I took the doors, fenders, hood, headlight buckets, cowl, and the inspection lids to a body shop to get the body work done on them. Theyll take it to primer so Ill have a big bill coming up soon. Any donations?? lol

Is the 2+2 you found on ebay the same color as that blue fairlady 2+2?

L20A, base model motor for the Japanese-spec cars.

Only available motor for Japanes Spec Cars after June of 1972...

Nothing but the L20A available till the S130 arrived in June of 1978...

(Save for the few recalled L26's that got out there, but that's not significant enough to even mention but for the fact someone may be pedantic enough to call me on it...)