HybridZ

All completed LSx Post Here

Hey I just wanted to get an idea of how any of us has completed the swap..... completed meaning on the road because we all know the work is never reall done!

Thanks

ps post start to finish date....may be a good way to get an idea of how involve the swap is for anyone thinking of doing it.

i'm there too. began after my crankshaft pulley ate itself during the 2005 convention auto-x last august and completed it this spring. have logged about 2600 miles since. did i mention that i was able to do a quick hi-speed run a few weeks ago-thought i had blown the engine when at 160mph it nearly died, white smoke in mirror then my passenger [evilc] said "oh yea, remember the pcm still has the factory set speed limiter-160". still pulling pretty well, around 4500 rpm in 6th gear...

i'm there too. began after my crankshaft pulley ate itself during the 2005 convention auto-x last august and completed it this spring. have logged about 2600 miles since. did i mention that i was able to do a quick hi-speed run a few weeks ago-thought i had blown the engine when at 160mph it nearly died, white smoke in mirror then my passenger [evilc] said "oh yea, remember the pcm still has the factory set speed limiter-160". still pulling pretty well, around 4500 rpm in 6th gear...

Faster.....Faster!!!!!!!!!! LoL

Come on David. Tell the truth. It really began when you took my LS1 240Z for a drive. Then the crankshaft pulley just gave you an excuse to justify the swap to your wife.

You guys should have seen the grin on his face after driving my car. It stayed with him for hours. And this was after many laps in the passenger seat on the autocross track where he helped me improve my skills. David is a good autox coach.

Glad I was able to corrupt you. hehe!

ok, you got me! actually, driving your v8z was my second experience in one. back in n. carolina i met a guy that had an old vette engine with a muncie "rock crusher" 4 speed. car was very cool but, unfortunately, no quicker or faster than my sc L6, so i held off. piloting your z absolutely sealed the deal, the crankshaft pulley breaking just accelerated the timeline!

My Z has been on the road for going on 2 years. Trying to remember..... I believe it took me 7-8 months.

My new baby, 95 RX-7, LS2 Stroker (402) and t-56 has been on the road going on 3 weeks. That swap took me about 10 months. Seems like long amount of times. I repair everybody elses cars all week. Sooo the times are alot and mainly weekends. I've pretty much have had zero problems with either one. I'll do a post on the RX-7 soon!!! I love the car! It's super cool!!

JOEY

Does it count if mine is moving under its own power? lol. I just got mine moving on its own power today. I just finish up the rear disk brakes also. I consider the ls1 swap is done and now moving on to the next stage .. body kit. Waiting to get my side pipes from ffcobra.