HybridZ

V12

TTLT1383Z

what kind of engine would be good for a 280Z, im lookin for it to make a lot of power and rev really high, i was thing a BMW V12 but im not shure, does anybody got a V8 that does this, im sure that would be cheaper, but any suggestions are helpful

Search......Search....Search! There is a member her who has threads on her BMV V12 build......also look around plenty of people on the site have v8's and if you are looking to rev really high with power, look in the 6 cyn forums....welcome

You could start by searching the V8 forums, either the chevy sub-forum or the ford sub-forum. If none of those appeal to you, you could try going through the other engines forum. The drivetrain forum wasn't really the place to post this question, but since you did, I expect this will either get moved to other engines, or possibly the tool shed. While it's still here, mind if I ask why you are stuck on revving high? A lot of people seem to want high revving motors, but can't ever provide satisfactory explanations for it...I blame this on import tuner and Initial D myself...

Yeah, searching is the best option. At some point in time just about every engine swap imaginable has been proposed, researched and/or completed on this site, and pretty much all of them have very informative threads with a plethora (I promised myself I'd use that word today) of information on anything you could ever want to do.

Want somethin really fun? Look up the Busa v8.. hehe.

An all forged SBC 434 stroker is my final choice. It's relatively inexpensive and fits right in with a JTR kit. It's easy to get STREETABLE 400 BHP NA and, with another 200 HP nitorus, well designed suspension, tranny, etc... you have a Z-car capable of 9's in the quarter mile.