HybridZ

280Z SUSPENSION UPGRADE

Guest JESTER3798

Guest JESTER3798

I JUST PICKED UP A 280Z AND AM PLANNING AND LS1/LS6 SWAP (IF AVAILABLE). I JUST FINISHED READING THE JTR MANUAL AND I WAS CURIOUS ABOUT THE SUSPENSION UPGRADE. CAN ANYONE LET ME KNOW AS TO A GOOD MANUFACTURER AND OR A PROPER SETUP FOR A ROAD RACE TYPE OF CAR. PS ANY OTHER USEFUL ADVICE ON THE CONVERSION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

RYAN

First, welcome to the forum, Jester! Second, turn off the caps! Third, any good polyurethane kit--such as is available from energy suspension, etc. is good for the Z. Springs, brake upgrades can be purchsed from the HybridZ store--look at the Speedracer page upper left hand part of the screen. You should have no problems finding what you are looking for. Also, companies like MSA and VB sell all kinds of suspension pieces, etc. Hope this helps.

Davy

Hey Ryan

Look in the members ride section to see my LS1 4L60E conversion. GM now sells both the LS1 and LS6 as crate motors about $5600 and $7500, the LS1 comes with EMC but not sure about the LS6. Many salvage yards deal only with late model F body cars there are at least two in my area, and you can find fairly new motors and trannys with wiring and ECM's. Happy hunting. icon_cool.gif

[ August 02, 2001: Message edited by: Lone Star 1 ]

i have been working on my suspension and trying different parts for 5 years.i use car for daily driver and for driver schools/open track events at sears point,laguna,thunderhill.i have a pile of parts i have tried and removed-not happy with results.my car usually is in the top 10 in lap times at track.i am trying to build car with no squeeks and rattles but hauls on track.i just put new oem nissan bushings in rear-the urathene bushings wre actually hogging out the unit body.i want car to drive like new m3 or z06-so i am doing reasearch & development 1 piece at a time with track testing.the only rattle i have right now is rf camber plate-but that is going to be removed for inspection soon and a return to ground control.but i cant fault them because part has been in car for 4 years and car is used for a work car-52 mile commute.i got rid of camber plates in rear-to noisy.i use coil overs though-buy a wierd set up.12" long springs from ground control.if you lower car too much it will push-best place to check set up is turn 6 at sears.most people dont use their z as hard as i do-but i didnt buy it to look at.if you ant my complete set up email me.

If you are looking at adjustable suspension parts, check out the HybridZ store...

Also, I was informed by the machinist today that my parts to build the rear control arms will be in my hands by next weekend! I plan to start taking orders immediately.

Mike icon_cool.gif

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

evan, i'm looking for a complete suspension for the Z. if i get the springs from you, what kind of shocks would i need to go along with them? thanks.

dan