HybridZ

Gauging DEMAND for 1977 280Z parts

Peternell

I’m considering buying a 280Z package deal [both 77’s] which includes two 99% complete cars. Neither has run for 3+ years but both “ran when parkedâ€.

First is a 2+2 with a SBC/Turbo 400, great interior, brand new exhaust for V-8 and decent rims & tires, good body and trim pieces.

Second is a stock engine/transmission [5-speed I believe] good body.

Intent with the 2+2 is to raid the TH400 [for a drag race 260Z] and grab the tires and wheels and a friend wants the 2-seater for a SBC/Stick Autocross car. He also wants the V-8 specific parts such as motor & trans mounts, driveline and exhaust. The deal works for us if just a few of the extra items have value, but I don’t what to part a car and store it for years only to conclude I’ve stored junk.

I’ve been a member for a long time and YES I’ve done my searches but don’t have a good feel for demand for stock parts.

Is there a demand for the following parts and what might they be worth?

Fuel Injected L28 with all the wiring; 5-speed; Headlight buckets; Tailights; Radiator; Console, Glass.

Are their parts of value that, not being a Z-car purest [Chevy man first], I’d toss in the trash without realizing my error?

Assuming cost was minimal [shipping +$5] is their a need or demand in the HybridZ community for some of “those little parts�

THANK YOU

You may have better luck putting the parts on e-bay. Head over to e-bay and see if the parts you think are of value are listed. Guage your pricing off of those. I know how you feel about storing junk, been there done that.

Item that will sell.

Consoles with little or no damage

Interior plastics

Tail lights

Dashs with little or no damage

Fenders if straight

Head light buckets (I'd keep a set myself)

Front hubs for those 240 owners that convert over to AZ brake kit

Rear stub axles for CV conversions on 240's

R-200 rear ends with moustach bar, somebody is always looking

Light lenses if in decent shape

Thanks for the response. Sorry it took so long to say thanks.... but I was helping the State of Nevada pay their light bill for another day or two.

Now it looks like the 2+2 will be saved and the 2-seater will be parted out minus clutch and R-200. Other thoughts on what I should save?

Yes, the cars are in Washington State, specifically the [rust free] Tri-Cities. Unfortunately based upon value vs. shipping cost most of these parts [engine, trans, fenders, seats] won't pencil out for the HybridZ nation. I appreciate the comments and the part specific interest and some other small stuff can go cross country. However what I'm really after is a list of parts for these cars which are typically in high demand. I don't want to store junk.

Based upon your responses it looks like I'll get these two, save one and part the other with little concern for storing Datsun junk.