HybridZ

250 GTO Owners Thread

Duke

Duke... You picked up the one that had been donated, right? Just exactly what did I miss out on? I nearly bought it, ya' know:lol: Thanks for the heads-up on this thread, BTW!!

There are two pics... one in its present state and another when it's running.

http://forums.hybridz.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1494&d=1161384485

http://forums.hybridz.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1387&d=1159125625

Mike, What are you doing under the hood?

My refurbished tank comes back next week - Tank and a fuel pump is pretty much what it needed. Came with all the goods, Corbeau racing seats and harnesses, hardware, trim, carpet, rims, badges etc. etc.

...Course I've got to finish out the body too. I have a few ideas there.

Problem is I have way too many projects right now a couple of antique motorcycles, old musclecars, old rovers, but the deal was too complete to pass up.

Is there anyone else here besides Chelle and Speed who have these or are building one? (that includes Velo Rossas etc.) Doesn't Oz have one?

250-GTO-BEFORE--4_thumb.jpg

I'm doing nothing special under the hood... blew a head gasket. I'm currently looking for some shaft-mount roller rockers to replace the stock ones though. I hate to spend the time and not make an improvement;-)

I think I'll go with a fuel cell rather than refurb my tank. It leaves more room for exhaust. Mine is missing a bunch of Ferrari badges. If you have extras, I'll buy them.

I wish I had the time and energy you apparently possess, Duke. I just haven't been the same for about ten years now.

There are several 250 GTO's around but I don't remember who has them or where they are. That said... they're quite rare compared to unmodified Z-cars. You're already aware of two of the nicest... Chelle's and Speed's:mrgreen:

Some of those badges are pricey... $80-120 for a nose badge... $200-300 for cloisenne fender shields... SHEESH!!

Yeah, everything's fine. I guess my body just fell apart suddenly in early '97. The docs can't figure it out. All's well.

Yeah, everything's fine. I guess my body just fell apart suddenly in early '97. The docs can't figure it out. All's well.

I feel your pain. I wonder if we have the same no name illness. Doc. says all tests look OK. I feel like I have Gulf War Syndrome except that I was never in the Gulf. Closest I was is north Africa. I have been dealing with it even longer than you. Do not get as much done as I did thats for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll see if I can post a pic. I'm about a quarter way through the VR conversion.

I live in Greenbrae, CA, near San Francisco. The car has a Chevy 350 with Holley Projection, Vortec Heads (around 400 HP). Toyota truck brakes in front and 240SX discs in back.

Hey Duke...I got one.

Bought mine from John Washington. I believe it's still posted on his web site in the "For Sale" area (If ya wanna see some before pics).

It's originally a Alpha One but the front clip was changed out to a Vela Rossa one piece tilt w/next gen. cheek panels (due to an accident)

Have done a complete strip down and am in the rebuild process.

-350 sbc w/aluminum heads, water pump, Billet Specialties tru trac, Edelbrock Pro Flo 3500, T-5 w/Mcleod Slik Stix shifter and relocator, Centerforce II, R200 w/Quaife, aluminum moustache bar and support bracket, CV axle conversion

-poly throughout, all suspension components were powdercoated, Eibach progressive springs, 1" swaybar up front 3/4" in the back, Koni adjustables, adjustable TC rods, aluminum front hubs

-240sx brakes rear, Toyota 4x4 up front, stainless lines (hard and flexible), Wilwood proportioning valve

Sorry no pics (some in my album)

• 2 weeks later...

GIVEN: Alpha 1 mostly original except engine and transmission.

QUESTION: Regarding future vehicle value... Are there any mods which will DECREASE future value of this car? I'm wanting to do many upgrades, some of which are more difficult to undue, i.e. frame reinforcment, fuel cell, etc.

I have posted the latest photo of my GTO in the photo album. It's there just to make everyone else feel good.

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=11545

I haven't really been that slack, I've put together a 100+ page project manual showing all the proposed work. I have now got an 'in principle' agreement from an authorising engineer that the car can be registered when the work is finished - 250GTO kit, Gen 111 (LSX), T56, r230 & Arizona Z brakes. The project manual is actually 22 MS Word files and includes numerous photos and task description from Hybrid Z, but all set out in an easy-to-read printable format.

If any GTO folk are interested I can e-mail the files - just let me know an e-mail address. You can print a copy and watch your friends start to salivate!