HybridZ

250 GTO Owners Thread

Duke

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, how time flies by.  It has been a good four years since I really spent much time on my GTO.  This past week I extended the front fiberglass section just over 4" to match the 280Z extension I did some time ago.  I also recreated the top three air scoops.  I also finished cutting out an aluminum face plate for my fiberglass dash.  Over the next two weeks my goal is to have the body finished.

Edited by espeery

Hi GTOers, let me help you take your car up a level for this year's shows and cruise nights with a pair of headlight covers.  The plastic can't be cracked and no special drill bits are needed like for acrylic (Plexiglass).  Any old bit will do fine with no cracking.  I've delivered dozens of sets with no complaints so far.  I  also make the hood scoops, which really complete the vintage look.  I'm asking $80/pair for the light covers and $50/pair for the hood scoops.  Feel free to email me at:  mclapp1@att.net or give me a call anytime at:  816-286-6982.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

post-29241-0-12036700-1368907161_thumb.jpg

post-29241-0-82758800-1368907173_thumb.jpg

post-29241-0-23489200-1368907194_thumb.jpg

Hi RebekahsZ, the cowl hood would have to be made of lexan, which will take the heat of the engine.  It is a harder process to form lexan as it needs to be dried first and then formed.  It is also a very expensive material so a large hood would not be cheap.  I will check which companies might do this and forward them to you.

Best,

Mark Clapp

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the reply.  Here are a few more pics.  I painted with an epoxy sealer then followed that up with some VHT wrinkle black.  Overall I am happy with the finish.  I think I will change the hang down panels from wrinkle to satin black smooth regular paint.  Engine is very close to firing up.  Likely tuesday.  

IMG 4473

IMG 4460

IMG 4472

IMG 4463

nacelle

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Nardi hub off eBay a couple of years ago but I couldn't see any on there today.

This might help

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/41221-steering-wheel-hub-compatibility/

If you have no luck I can get one of these and forward it to you.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Steering-wheel-boss-adaptor-datsun-MQ-Patrol-240Z-260Z-280Z-180B-200B-/150742659472?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2318f67190#ht_2965wt_966

Edited by Boy from Oz

I got my Nardi hub off eBay a couple of years ago but I couldn't see any on there today.

Thanks, you are practically a partner in my car by now. I have been watching Ebay off and on for a couple of months for Nardi wheels and adapters. My heart is set on the same Anni 60 that espeery is using and I have a Ferrari horn button ready. Unfortunately I just spent my steering wheel money on a transmission, so I have more time to look around. I may yet take you up on your offer. :icon7:

Gary

As I've stated on here previously, I obtained my Nardi Anni 60 off the Italian eBay for $250US a few years ago but I think I was very very lucky. You might keep an eye out for one on there. They were standard equipment on Lancias in the 60s so check under 'Lancia' as well..

post-1266-0-66379500-1372912643_thumb.jpg

John,

Seems that Stacey is building a GTO replica using a 280Z and they asked for a set of our frame rails.  Looks like a 600-hp engine could be installed.

Here's what I got today from them -

Thank you for supporting GearZ TV & Stacey David’s Season VII! Check out the season finale and new Premiere of Episode 13: “Supercars, Hot Rods and Go-Kartsâ€, Premiering Tuesday, July 16, 2013 @ 8:00pm/EST on SPEED Channel featuring Bad Dog Parts: Frame rail supports for the 280 Z car…  and don’t forget to set your DVR!!

The premiere will also re-air at the following times:

Jul 16, 2013 @ 11:00PM/EST

Jul 20, 2013 @ 9:00AM/EST

Jul 21, 2013 @ 7:30AM/EST

• 2 weeks later...

Eric

I think we should move away from the Honda locks and I've been looking around for an alternative. There are plenty of lockable push button style locks used on glove boxes and some earlier ones even have a tab - search eBay. You can always make your own tab which is how the GTO s are made anyway. Try these; http://ruttsautotools.com/push-locks-truck-tool-box-ka2-big-sale/.

(edit)- These might be even better. http://www.4x4partshop.com/p/qYGGg7N/Tuffy_Double_Pushbutton_Lock_Key_Alike_Service

post-1266-0-39217500-1374578548_thumb.jpg

post-1266-0-87219800-1374578560_thumb.jpg

Edited by Boy from Oz

• 1 month later...

Hello, new to the forum.  I just purchased a 250 project.  Had been sitting for 20 years.  So i am piecing it together without any instruction. I plan to drop in a spare 3 liter ferrari lump i have laying around.  But i have a few body pieces i was wondering someone could tell me what they are.  Trying to load photos. Thanks