HybridZ

250 GTO Owners Thread

Duke

Photo #1.

- The two flat pieces are probably to fill the gap where the taillights are removed,

- The large curved is probably to fill the gap between the rear wheel arch and the fibreglass kit - note the allowance for the rear air duct.

- The lower item is probably to fill the gap between the lower edge of the rear panel and the valance on the rear 240Z.

Photo #2

- No idea really but may be something that fits under the front wheel arch.

Boy from Oz is right on with the 2 large panels as they fill in the blank opening when you remove the tail lights.  The other 2 curved pieces should be bonded to the rear of the front fender panels. They sit up against the Datsun body and seal off the area between the rear of the front fender and the body.  I am glad you have a pair of the third item because they go on the interior of the car and close off the space made where the rear side windows were removed.  

Good luck with your build.  :icon10:

post-13-0-48715600-1377533247_thumb.jpg

Edited by SpeedRacer

Yeah Boy from Oz, a legend in my own mind LOL. 

Tokyo Drftr, based on your photo those are genuine Ferrari lights (although your are missing one rear turn signal).  The guy in Italy that used to make those lights for Ferrari passed away some time ago and nobody took over his business.  Therefore, new ones are pretty rare and worth more money every day - like over $200 to $480 EACH!!!.  http://www.ferraripartsexchange.com/turnsignals.htm 

I don't know why you are not going to use them but I would not "give" them away. 

For all you lurkers on this thread waiting to buy a kit.  Z Force Productions has a set of molds for sale in Socal.

From their Facebook page:

FOR SALE: s30 Z car Ferrari 250 GTO kit car molds
Example of a completed Z car conversion in the picture.
This is a very rare kit & I have had the molds in storage for a few years but never planned to use them.

It's a very intricate kit, 20+ pieces (10 main pieces) that includes the front end, front fenders, rear fenders, doors, hood, tail panel, etc. Very heavy duty molds.
These kits alone sell for almost $6,000 plus crate shipping. You can sell one kit and easily make more than your money back.
These molds were well created by Arizona Z Car. I have pics for those seriously interested.

PRICE: 

------------
$3,000 obo + shipping (or local pick up in So Cal)
CONTACT ME BY:

--------------------------
PM
email: s30zforce at yahoo.com

post-4015-0-73612000-1377813451_thumb.jpg

See photos of the molds here:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fs26.photobucket.com%2Fuser%2F280zforce%2Flibrary%2FZ%2520Molds%2FZ%2520Ferrari%2520GTO%2520Conversion&h=MAQHEHW5j

I think the price is negotiable...  

Tokyo Drftr - those are the sad excuse for hood hinges.  They bolt to the front of the body where the Z car hinges were and the you drill a hole in the fiberglass appendage sticking down from the hood.  A loose fitting bolt with a locknut serves as the pivot point.  DON'T USE THEM!  The best solution I have found is to make a pair of brackets that you can mount old Corvette hinges on. 

Edited by SpeedRacer

Tokyo Drftr - those are the sad excuse for hood hinges.  They bolt to the front of the body where the Z car hinges were and the you drill a hole in the fiberglass appendage sticking down from the hood.  A loose fiiting bolt with a locknut serves as the pivot pont.  DON'T USE THEM!  The best solution I have found is to make a pair of brackets that you can mount old Corvette hinges on. 

Thanks!!  i think, my hood will work with the original hinge

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to fitting the Tuffy lock and finger pull to the boot (trunk) lid. Very straightforward.

I had to trim down the finger pulls as can be seen in the photos and I ordered only side-mounted finger pulls so I had the file new notches into one pull to have it positioned pointing rearward.

I can't see there will be any problems with the doors.

post-1266-0-26652000-1379740197_thumb.jpg

post-1266-0-75035700-1379740215_thumb.jpg

post-1266-0-63797400-1379740236_thumb.jpg

post-1266-0-82744000-1379740262_thumb.jpg

Edited by Boy from Oz