HybridZ

'79 zx a/c removal

bschiltz

I tried searching, but everything I've found is about A/C installition. A couple months ago I had my AC discharged and took off all the hoses in the engine bay, condenser (thing in front of the rad.) etc. Today I was taking apart the interior and was looking at the heater and AC under the dash and trying to take the evaporator (?) out. It looks like the heater and blower goes through the AC. I was wondering if you can take it out and still have the heat work? Do you just run a hose where the AC normally is?

TIA,

Ben

Heater core and a/c evaporator are two different devices you certainly wouldn't want to hook up a coolant hose to the a/c evaporator. whereever your coolant hose goes now is where it should stay. and yes the air does go through both units. Not totally familiar with your system but in general you can remove either the evaporator or the heater core. But they sometimes need to be removed as a unit and separated once they are out of the dash.

I don't use AC when driving and just wanted to get it out of the way. All the other AC stuff in the engine bay is gone. I didn't mean a coolant hose, just a duct from the blower to the vents when the evaporator is out.

Thanks for the help.

Ben