HybridZ

I want to buy rims for my 77z! help

You just want the rim? or the whole wheel? . J/k .. Do a little searching on here. This has been discused many times. 17's or 18's are a little big on the Z IMO. You need a wheel with 0 offset. Decide on your intended use for the car before you choose a wheel. If you're just going for the bling/show factor, then it dosn't really matter what you put on there. If you want to race or even have a good daily driver, then the wheel should be matched to the occasion.

joe d. new here? welcome! been discussed many many many times.

search SEARCH!!!

usa da searcha function

or your post could win a trip to the tool shed

Please Please don't be offended

And finally as Mike Kelly says.... thanks for playing... try again

Dog gone sweetleaf... ya beat me

joe d. new here? welcome! been discussed many many many times.

search SEARCH!!!

usa da searcha function

or your post could win a trip to the tool shed

Please Please don't be offended

And finally as Mike Kelly says.... thanks for playing... try again

Dog gone sweetleaf... ya beat me

Hey guys, yea i know its been talked about before and i did do a search but the more i looked the more confused i got and i'm looking to buy these WHEELS today online. Also i only drive this car 1 or 2 times a month so i guess the show factor is the way to go? icon14.gificon10.gif

Wats!!

They fit absolutly none of your criteria, but they look awesome and are one of the best wheels for a S30, IMHO :)

04.jpg

Im also a fan of hte Centerline Big Sur's and Panasports 3pc wheels. But your on the right track with 17's you will have a very good tire selection. Ii may be selling my wheels just for that reason.

joe: thanks for not taking offense, also there is a sticky at the top of this forum by grumpyvette called wheels/tires... lots of info

240hoke: man dude... your car is SEXY!!! ... really nice looking

OK, here's the if you can't lick em, join em mentality

I need 15" x 7" wheels for racing, would like stock 4 x 4.5 lug pattern, about five inch backspace. (+25 offset) And they gotta be light. Money no object light. I've seen the panasports, konigs ect. and custom made but what else is there 'off the shelf'.

whata ya say?

If you want a large selection of reasonable priced rims in 17 x 7 I would suggest getting adapters from Modern Motorsports http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=6&PHPSESSID=5347434c26ee81079c73d0c180014f36.

Using www.tirerack.com and a '93 del sol I got returned 112 different wheels that will fit.

olderthenme: that's what I already got. Mine are 15" x 7" and the max backspacing is 4". Main shortcoming of them... 20 lbs. a piece. That and those goofy 45 degree angle lugs. Still never been able to find any and refuse to change studs. As a result they do shake a little if you aren't careful putting them on. My girl says they make the car look like a hot wheels car.

Volk racing TE37 15 x 7" 4 x 114.3 $480 a piece drum roll please..... under 12 pounds yes

I think this is love

+0,+15, +35, +43 offsets in this size, damn my conversion chart is at work what are those in backspacing

ok here's the page with the chart http://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

and here the thread it came from http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=112869&highlight=backspacing+offset lotsa good info on backspacing offset ect. so +0 = 4" backspacing +15 = a little over 4.5" BS +35 = 5 3/8" I think, I need 5" backspacing

joe d,

How much $$$$ you want to spend ??? Kinesis, Kodiak, Complete Custom Wheel or HRE. Take a look at http://www.imagewheels.com in the UK, very reasonable price for custom wheels made to fit a Z. How wide are you looking at ? Flares ? no flares ? Coilovers ? Stock suspension? Lowered ? Buying safe 17 x 7 wheels with 4 inch backspace, 225/45-17 tire at all 4 corners. Also, mom'sZ provided a great link for wheel backspace/offset ---www.rsracing.com. Do as much research as possible before your purchase, so that you will be satisfied with the fit, look, ride and stance of your car.

joe d,

How much $$$$ you want to spend ??? Kinesis, Kodiak, Complete Custom Wheel or HRE. Take a look at www.imagewheels.com in the UK, very reasonable price for custom wheels made to fit a Z. How wide are you looking at ? Flares ? no flares ? Coilovers ? Stock suspension? Lowered ? Buying safe 17 x 7 wheels with 4 inch backspace, 225/45-17 tire at all 4 corners. Also, mom'sZ provided a great link for wheel backspace/offset ---www.rsracing.com. Do as much research as possible before your purchase, so that you will be satisfied with the fit, look, ride and stance of your car.

i like the billet 26 & 63 and i would like the staggered look with a 2.5 to 4 inch lip in the rear. and i am open to flares, c/o and lowering. oh and yes i do like the 3 spokes.