HybridZ

SBC 260Z Winner on "PINKS"

Hey! New to the board, but have a small block chevy in my 260z (actually I have two 260's with small blocks) and was the winner of "Pinks" taped September 16, 2006 at Virginia Motorsports Park. The show will air in February 2007 (Season 4). See a small video (one of our crew made for us) at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7365161080397611287 The car that we ran on this show is a 1974 260Z "Little Tire Car" (street legal 3200 pounds with driver), with a 800-RWHP 415 cubic inch SBC. I have Dart 23-degree heads with a NX single stage Shark Nozzle system and an HVH/NX plate system. 3 3/4 stroke crank, 6'' rods, Bowtie Block Tranny is 350 Turbo with 3000 nitrous converter, stock suspension, with a .370 Corvette center section on a 27 x 10.50 x 15" Hoosier Quick Time Pro D.O.T. Tires. My best ET in this car has been at 2800' elevation......5.86 at 121 mph in the 1/8 mile and 9.0 at 150 mph in the 1/4 mile.

Also have another 1974 260Z "Big Tire Car"( street legal 2800 lbs with driver ) as posted below " Fastest Street Legal Z " by SHAI. It has 1100-RWHP 442 cubic inch SBC and a Kinsler Fuel Injection, 1 Stage NX Shark Nozzle System, 23 # 867 heads, 4 1/16 stroke crank, 6'' rods, Dart Bolck, 350 turbo with a trans brake, 3800 stall nitrous converter, 4.11 gears with 33x18.50x15'' Hoosier Quick Time Pro D.O.T. Tires My best time in this car has been at 300' elevation....... 5.06 at 140 mph in the 1/8 mile and 7.86 at 176.00 in the 1/4 mile I will try to get some pics of both cars up. if anyone has any questions call me at 1-888-289-6261 or e-mail jon1quick@earthlink.net :burnout:

Thank You,

Jon Phillips

Phillips Performance

1-423-735-RACE Shop

1-423-388-0016 Cell

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of things to say, but won't. It's good to see a "hybrid" win and will look forward to the broadcast. Very impressive couple of cars you've got. Care to pass on specs as related to driveline (rear set-up in particular), etc? Photos?

Thanks for giving the folks here a heads-up!

Congrats on your win, now plan on bringing it/them down to the SouthEastern Z Shootout (SEZS) at Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, GA in March and let us see it/them in person. You'd SURELY be welcome there, and it's not all that far to travel. I'm sure you wouldn't mind sharing some of your technology and ideas with the group. Click the banner link at the top of the page for more info.

Again, Congrats.

Warren

Thanks! The chassis on the "little car" is stock except for the center section (Corvette) and the axles. Custom half-shafts with 1-ton truck universals.

We're a little concerned about how the editing will make our team look also.....but surely can't be too bad.....Barney got the three races his way. Okay to talk about as far as we know because I'm sure the 8000 or so spectators that were there have been talking.

We only got to run nitrous on the first pass against Barney....and that was 200HP on the NX/HVH plate.

Barney's back in New York with his previous owner. Shean called me on Tuesday after the show was taped on Saturday and apologized and asked what I would take for Barney. He flew down, we picked him up at the airport, he spent a couple of days at our house and then took Barney home. We talk to him almost everyday on the phone.

We've looked at the race in Reynolds, GA and would like to come down if we can work it in the schedule. If we come hopefully we'll bring both cars.

I will be racing the "Big Tire Car" Z at Carolina Dragway in Jackson, SC. November 17,18th at The Horsepower TV Outlaw Nationals, ORSCA/YEAR ONE I will be running in the YEAR ONE Street Legal Heads Up Open Class. If any one is in the area come on down and check out the Z Car and watch some Good, Fast Racing. If anyone needs any information give me a call 1-888-289-6261 or 1-423-388-0016 (cell)

Here's some links to some pics......

Jon Phillips

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q120/redvettegal/7.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q120/redvettegal/CommerceJuly06.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q120/redvettegal/LittleCar-BristolBash.jpg