HybridZ

SBC 260Z Winner on "PINKS"

Do you think Barney loosened the lug nut on purpose to cause you to crash on the victory lap?

No I don't think so. When I got the car home and checked everything out I found out the studs were turning on the back side :eek2: and I had to hold the stud bolts on the back side with a wrench to tighten up the lug nuts.

Jon

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Guys and Gals,

Here is a link to a slide show

> http://videos.streetfire.net/video/08aa026f-f59c-4411-a790-990700d332f0.htm

that we made to vew at our PINKS Party. The slide show is 26 min long but right now all I can down load is 15 min of it. When we get the rest of it loaded I will post it up. The music goes along with what we went through.

Thanks

Jon

1 QUICK Z

Jon,

Many thanks for the T-Shirt and all you sent me--I received it yesterday in the mail and it rocks!! I never had a signed shirt from anybody before, so this one is it, baby! I'm sure I'll be wearing it to any local Z meets!!! :2thumbs:

I watched the video and slide show yesterday with some of my kids. It was very cool, especially PINKS without commercials. The recap on the slide show of the issues surrounding the Barney car was enlightening. I guess you guys shined it up a bit for him too---that was classy.

Thanks again!

Davy

Hey Jon,

First off congrats on the total domination on Pink's. I've got one quick question for you thought. Earlier you stated this:

"First of all when we agreed to run on Pinks- our contract was to bring a car no faster then 10.50 et (quarter mile) on motor. We got to Richmond, each competitor had to make a test pass to make sure we didn't run faster than 10.50 on motor. I went out and made an all out 1/4 mile test pass with a 10.85 et at 125.26 mph."

What I want to know is obviously both cars were faster than that on NOS right? With the statement above it would seem that your car could have been disqualified for running faster then the 10.5 on the first race right? The reason I as is because I've seriously considered building a Z to take on Pink's and I planned on bring car capable of a lower ET then what was required just to be safe. Plus it seems like most people bring a faster car than what is asked for. I know that to be true for the races that were held here in Phoenix for the first season of the show. There were guys with cars capable running low 12's but were racing in the 13 sec bracket. Could you elaberate on the "contract" a little bit more for my piece of mind. Thanks Adrian.

Yeah thats the "all out" show my friend in Florida said it was crazy down there for that filming too! I'm more concerned with the race that Jon was in, their regulations, and why they didn't DQ him if he ran faster than a 10.5.

Well good question but i watched tonights show and noticed that shean barney was in nate pritchets crew meaning they know him already .. i still think the show is a big set up and some people get screwed.. glad the z kicked his cheating ass

Hey Jon,

First off congrats on the total domination on Pink's. I've got one quick question for you thought. Earlier you stated this:

"First of all when we agreed to run on Pinks- our contract was to bring a car no faster then 10.50 et (quarter mile) on motor. We got to Richmond, each competitor had to make a test pass to make sure we didn't run faster than 10.50 on motor. I went out and made an all out 1/4 mile test pass with a 10.85 et at 125.26 mph."

What I want to know is obviously both cars were faster than that on NOS right? With the statement above it would seem that your car could have been disqualified for running faster then the 10.5 on the first race right? The reason I as is because I've seriously considered building a Z to take on Pink's and I planned on bring car capable of a lower ET then what was required just to be safe. Plus it seems like most people bring a faster car than what is asked for. I know that to be true for the races that were held here in Phoenix for the first season of the show. There were guys with cars capable running low 12's but were racing in the 13 sec bracket. Could you elaberate on the "contract" a little bit more for my piece of mind. Thanks Adrian.

Adrian,

The contract was pages and pages long....but, no one was disqualified because as I stated it was 10.50 on MOTOR. There were no specifications as to how fast you could run with nitrous, how many stages of nitrous you could have, etc. The first race was the ONLY race we ran with NITROUS so it didn't matter if we were faster than the 10.50 stated in the contract (THAT WAS ON MOTOR ONLY). Believe me, we really read the contract, had other people read the contract and even called for clarification on what we read. That doesn't mean that each taping they specify 10.50 cars ON MOTOR....the contracts can change depending on the racers chosen for that show. I hope this answers your questions, but if not and you want to talk to me...feel free to call me at 423-735-RACE (shop) or 423-388-0016 (cell).

Right you are you were on nitrous and they were on motor. If he would have gone faster than 10.5 he would of been disqualified thats why he said he let off. That makes sense now. If you think about it it's kind of a crazy set of rules. People can potenially get into a show for 12 sec motor cars and have a 9 sec nitrous car. Thats one big problem with the show imo. It would seem that a turbo car (or any participant) would have to de-tune for qualifing and then unleash the fury for the actual race.

Jon thanks so much for the insite, it really helps. Maybe not as clean cut as I though.