HybridZ

R200 Short nose carrier into a R200 Long nose

Ericshere03

FYI

Got the Nissan part #s for these axles...

left (39601-24p10)

right (39600-24p10)

I had these part numbers and a VIN from a 88 SS (off z31.com database) cross referenced by the guys at Autopartsgiant.com. They claim that the A1 Cardone rebuilt #60-6100 is correct. It may or may not be, however I have one of these axles at home and it will not fit a Nissan S15 HLSD(which is 31mm/30 spline).

Essentially the question of whether these axles (88 SS) can be used in this swap is open.

• 5 years later...

Well the supposed 88 SE cv axle finally arrived - unfortunately it is a standard 300zxt axle 29 spline and smaller diameter than the S15 input shafts. So back to the parts store it goes. It was a rebuilt unit from A1Cardone part number 60-6100. The store had indicated that what they ordered was specifically for the 1988 SE model with VLSD but clearly it wasn't.

The solution it seems to me at this stage is to buy a set of S13 cv's and a set of 300zx cv's and then use the larger 6 bolt ends from the S13 axles paired with the 4 bolt 300zx ends (on the 300zx axle) using the MM cv adapters. Unfortunately it won't be the most cost effective solution.

If anyone has a pair of the 88 se axles please measure the diameter (s/b ~31mm) with 30 spline count.

Thanks

Matt

Hi There,

Were you able to find the match for components to make this work?

I want to move to the HLSD and CV shafts, just don't know the combination??

Thanks,

Craig

Well the supposed 88 SE cv axle finally arrived - unfortunately it is a standard 300zxt axle 29 spline and smaller diameter than the S15 input shafts. So back to the parts store it goes. It was a rebuilt unit from A1Cardone part number 60-6100. The store had indicated that what they ordered was specifically for the 1988 SE model with VLSD but clearly it wasn't.

The solution it seems to me at this stage is to buy a set of S13 cv's and a set of 300zx cv's and then use the larger 6 bolt ends from the S13 axles paired with the 4 bolt 300zx ends (on the 300zx axle) using the MM cv adapters. Unfortunately it won't be the most cost effective solution.

If anyone has a pair of the 88 se axles please measure the diameter (s/b ~31mm) with 30 spline count.

Thanks

Matt

Hi There,

It's been 6 years since this post. Has anyone discovered what combination of Carriers, Stub axles and CVs will work in a longnose R200?

I have a S15 HLSD and hoping someone has an answer on what to use for CVs and if the S15 stub axles and seals will fit in the longnose ?

Thanks,

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I got R200 LSDs galore out here in Japan at decent prices. Just don't know, if someone could dumb it down a tad. Don't want a VLSD, just pretty much what I can find. Running a open diff on my 78, and I'd rather have the power going to both wheels. So I need to know if my axels from my 78 will work with the S13/14/15 aftermarket LSD, and or mods I would have to adjust to. I could prob pick up another ring and pinion of I have to, but I would rather not.

Ok never mind I found out my answer. One I will need a bolt spacer to adapt my 10mm bolts to fit the 12mm hole on the LSD. Anyone have a lead on what I need to look for or who I need to contact? Not looking into change the gearing just trying to put in a LSD.