HybridZ

frankie williams from z performance racing

Guest dan4011

Dan4011

In a previous life my girl had a jealous boyfriend who broke my windshield. I went to the court house small claims and for $25 I got a summons for him to come to court so that we could talk about it in front of the judge.

When he got the summons he asked a friend of his to call me and offer to replace the windshield as he was onsome sort of probation at the time and did not need anymore trouble. So after it was replaced I went back to the clerk and dismissed the case. I was a good experience.

I think you have a great case against him, and would legally pursue it. Otherwise purchase a junkyard motor or junky old Turbo ZX (maybe $500) and do the swap properly, even with 200K miles on them, these damn motors refuse to quit. You'll be surprised how healthy they are 25years later.

Good luck to you - Yasin

SO TRUE YASIN so true :wink: yes Yes dont let it go do something about it

getting something back is better than nothing and you pretty much dont

want that fool getting off scott free :mad: man make him pay :)$$$$$$$

WOW!! Sounds like you got the Ol' Gary Savage treatment (Savage42) for the same dollar amount too!! Anyway, sucks to hear when something like this happens, especially when it's from someone in one of my hometowns. You should try the court system. You have more than enough evidence to try to get some money back!! He's local, or local enough to take to court. Unfortunately my screw over was on the opposite coast. I wish you the best of luck!!

You should have brought it to me :) Youre only about an hour away. Ive been doing the same thing on matt's car, just about finsihed.

Sorry to hear about your dealings with that guy. My friend bought a "turbo kit" from him. Looked pretty sketch to me with a N/A ECU but i dont think he had any negitive issues.

HA!!! You're the first person that came to my mind as well!!

Guest dan4011

well we just talked to the machine shop that apparently "does all of his companys machine work" and is a "very good friend" of his who he told me turned my crank, miked the motor, honed my block, and redid the rods. and he seid that he doesent even like frankie, he seid all he does is come in there once in a while and run his mouth, he seid frankie came in with my block, told him to clean it, ordered rings and bearings, and left. and he seid that is all frankie ever comes in there for (cleaning blocks) so im sure there are a bunch of other people out there getting the same treatment as me...

Guest dan4011
Well there's you answer to small claims court, you have the machinist's word on what he did to your engine. I think that's proof enough!!!

yea, thing is, i dont have recipts of what i payed him for. i do have proof that i gave him 750 when he took my motor and 750 when i brought it back tho..

my dads thinking about the legal situation tho.

yea, thing is, i dont have recipts of what i payed him for. i do have proof that i gave him 750 when he took my motor and 750 when i brought it back tho..

my dads thinking about the legal situation tho.

Bullshyte... Take it to court dude. You can make every excuse why you shouldn't, but trust me on this, One trip to the court house and one trip through a small claimes event and you'll never get screwed by some scumbag again.

It's his word against yours, but if you pay the fee and have him served in HIS county, then I'd bet dollars to donuts it won't even make it to court.

I've been this path a few times and I can assure you that the judge will be sympathetic in most cases.

However, you'll never know unless you take that first step and find out. And you're right... He'll do it to the next guy, until someone stands up and says NO MORE. You gonna be that guy, or just another victom?

Mike

Im really sorry about what happen, I recently found a head that was in really good shape. I friend of my dad said he knew a great guy that does head work and for 80 bucks he'd go through it and shim the springs and get it ready to put on my motor. When we got it back he had done hardly anything and had pretty much used a grinding wheel to take the head gasket off!! Im only 15 and moneys hard to come by, even just 80 dollars. I couldnt amagine loosing several thousand dollars! I hope you get all your money back and a little more for "emotional damages". lol.

Good Luck!

Guest Ron Mexico

Luckily you're in Greenville which is pretty close to Fayetteville so small claims court is a reasonable option.

He is/was a First Sergeant up at Ft Bragg. If he's still enlisted, Commanding Officers don't like to hear things like this about their NCOs. Especially from their 1SG.

Guest dan4011

im pretty sure he just retired or is in the process.

i posted a thing on the zcar forums, just the same thing i put here, and MAN the people over there on zcar.com are some real assholes, if you wanna read its in the general car talk section.

• 2 years later...

Is this Crook still operating?? I just got a call from a fellow HybridZ member I am building a car for and He has been Ripped a new 1 from this guy to the tune of $6500. You should see the crappy parts and workmanship this Frankie did to this car. Real piece of work. I can't believe the crap done to this car. He also told the guy it is a 10 sec car with the mods done to it. Maybe he meant 10 seconds till it Grenades??

Stay away from Ghetto Freddie.

Hey Dan, I'am so sorry that you had such an experience. If you need any tuning, engine rebuilding ect. One of my dear friend Tony Raimondo is located in Fayetteville NC and he is been operating at the same location for 31 years Called "Automotive Performance". They have a full Machine Shop. He has over 30 years experience building Race Engines everything from blown Hemi's to 3.1 datsun. I have known him personally for ten years and he is probably one of the honest human beings I know. He is also very affordable. Below is a 400c.i. sbc that he is getting ready for a local drag racer, suppose to put out 780hp all natural aspirated no nitrous.

I just hate when I hear people getting ripped off and I have been too in the past and I'm sure glad to know my buddy Tony

IMG_0009.jpg

• 5 months later...

i just happened upon this thread and i had talked to him a couple years back about building a turbo motor for me.

i was gonna furnish the stock turbo motor and he was gonna use his custom fuel rail and exhaust manifold (he said this was his secret for power along with a custom port job).

i was gonna take the car to him and he was gonna do all the work as well as put it in the car and get it running for somewhere around $5k.

maybe it's a good thing i decided against it.

here is a video of his car. it is VERY fast. i'd say he did his right though.

yea i just checked the website, i would have to sue him in his county, and they are expected to personaly pay you or the court within 10 days, and if not the sherrif can evict certain property or cash, sell it, and pay you the money

Do it. Consider it another investment in your ability to defend your self in life. Small claims court can be a great civic's lesson. Record whatever judgment you receive in his county and the state (depends upon your local rules).

Don't sweat the lack of precise written agreements: show the court that you paid $x.000 for the work; show the court the photos (great photos, by the way), bring in your machinist to testify (might not be necessary, some small claims court will accept a written declaration), argue that the reasonable value of the work was .99 cents.

Check out the internet for publications by NOLO PRESS: they have a good handbook for small claims court.... focused pretty much on California law, but the preparation will be pretty much the same for any court in any state.

Go get him! I wish you luck and I think you might find it very satisfying: make him defend his shoddy work. Even if the judge is this guy's brother in law and rules against you, you should take some satisfaction in forcing him to respond to you.

G

Bullshyte... Take it to court dude. You can make every excuse why you shouldn't, but trust me on this, One trip to the court house and one trip through a small claimes event and you'll never get screwed by some scumbag again.

It's his word against yours, but if you pay the fee and have him served in HIS county, then I'd bet dollars to donuts it won't even make it to court.

I've been this path a few times and I can assure you that the judge will be sympathetic in most cases.

However, you'll never know unless you take that first step and find out. And you're right... He'll do it to the next guy, until someone stands up and says NO MORE. You gonna be that guy, or just another victom?

Mike

Ohhhh, I like this attitude.

z