Photo
- - - - -

The Strut thread - Koni / Illumina / Tokico / Carrera / Bilstein / Ground Control

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#221 ww2winger

ww2winger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:31 AM

Just out of curiosity, Heavy 85, what wheels and tires are you running?  Size, offset, etc.  I still run with 7 inch rims and run 225/45/15 tires.  I'm sure to go to the next level, I would have to flare fenders and go with much wider stance and tires.  Any info would be appreciated.

#222 Geno750

Geno750

Regular

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationDestin, FL

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:56 PM

I'm having difficulty getting Illuminas, seems like they're back ordered till July/August. My car is going to be more street driven than track and I was looking at running 200/225 springs. It seems that this is too low for everything but the Illuminas?

#223 inline6

inline6

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationMarietta, Georgia

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:11 AM

I'm having difficulty getting Illuminas, seems like they're back ordered till July/August. My car is going to be more street driven than track and I was looking at running 200/225 springs. It seems that this is too low for everything but the Illuminas?

I didn't read any prior posts to your latest, so you may have said what you use your car for previously... street, autocross, track, etc.  I thought I'd chime in here and say that I initially went with 200/225 and the short Illuminas.  However, I found that I was bottoming out on the bump stops in the front too frequently.  Lowering the car a lot can take travel out of the suspension.  Even with struts modified to fit short inserts, bottoming out can still be a problem.  The initial spring rate recommendation from Ground Control was 225-250 up front and 275 in the rear.  I had gone with 200/225 for fear of being too stiff.  But, to try to stay off the bump stops, I swapped in some 250/275.  That did as intended and seems to be a very livable setup for street driving also - it's not too stiff.

#224 gacksen

gacksen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:45 PM

currently having the 225/200 setup but car is currently torn apart and not driveable. before that felt to soft on the rears and to stiff on the fronts but gues that

was because of the illumina settings. once car drives will see that i can dial it in.

if not what would be needed to convert the whole setup to coilovers ?

#225 Tbcrow

Tbcrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLenoir NC

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:18 PM

These guys have some killer options for front and rear coilovers.

These are full conversions so you lose if you already have some items, but they'll give you 100$ store credit for returning stock components.

https://technotoytun...com/nissan/260z

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users