HybridZ

Old School Photos

RacerX

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Alfa brought back memorys when I was a kid my Dad and Mom both raced a Alfa Romero Spyder, We spent many weekends at Mid Ohio where they either raced or worked at the track. This was back in the mid 60's to early 70's. Dad took lots of pic's of CanAm races and SCCA stuff they are all on slides I wonder if I can get them put on a CD or something..

Dad took a pic of Mark Donahue (sp) with a broken leg after his crash at Road Atlanta when the car he was driving fliped over...

Thanks for the pic's guys! :)

Cethern

and speaking of Alfas - I still have a soft spot for the GTV6...

img_0962.jpg

(I linked this from http://www.alfagtv6.com)

I had a GTV6 Balocco SE back in the 80's. What a heartbreaker. Interesting looks (I won't say "beautiful", but it sure didn't look like anything else around at the time), great ride and handling. But the transaxle was fragile as hell (synchros made of cheese, apparently), and it seemed like every time I drove it, something worth at least $200 broke.

I've been thinking this would be a great candidate for an SR20 swap, along with a suitable transaxle...

and speaking of Alfas - I still have a soft spot for the GTV6...

img_0962.jpg

(I linked this from www.alfagtv6.com)

I had a GTV6 Balocco SE back in the 80's. What a heartbreaker. Interesting looks (I won't say "beautiful", but it sure didn't look like anything else around at the time), great ride and handling. But the transaxle was fragile as hell (synchros made of cheese, apparently), and it seemed like every time I drove it, something worth at least $200 broke.

I've been thinking this would be a great candidate for an SR20 swap, along with a suitable transaxle...

So is it a front wheel drive or rear wheel drive with a rear tranny(transaxle)and front motor like a Porsche 944?

RacerX, I hate to disagree with you about the Audi's but they didn't have a V-8. How about an inline 5 with twin (rather large;-) ) turbo's.

I watched those cars at an IMSA race at Summit Point, WV back in the good old days, and it was sensory overload with those Group44 Audi's and the 300ZX Twin Turbo's GTO cars on the track at the same time.

Just being able to watch Hans Stuck, and Hurley Haywood flinging those 4 wheel drive monsters around was incredible.