HybridZ

Initial tuning results for TEC3/GT42R...

TimZ

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think TimZ is kinda like me.... we don't care much for the likely damage we'd do to our cars trying to put out a good 1/4 time slip.

Ok then. Let's bench race and guess what TimZ's car would run in the 1/4 mile. I'd say 10.6 at 135mph with a 1.85 60ft. :shock:

I think that's faster than James' 240z on NOS...:mrgreen:

Likely damage? Hmmm, cant a dyno damage a car just as easily?

You need sticky tires on a high hp car, even on the street. Launching the car hard on those soft tires and then banging gears for a good et is what's hard on them. I have never worried about breaking anything unless is was at the strip. That's why I rarely go.

You need sticky tires on a high hp car, even on the street. Launching the car hard on those soft tires and then banging gears for a good et is what's hard on them. I have never worried about breaking anything unless is was at the strip. That's why I rarely go.

I see.

BTW, this race was against a Moostang Cobra with the supercharger. All of his buddies thought I was going to take a beating and were mocking my car. I ran more mph in the 1/8th than this guy did in the 1/4. I do have a video on VHS that I need to convert.

BTW, this race was against a Moostang Cobra with the supercharger. All of his buddies thought I was going to take a beating and were mocking my car. I ran more mph in the 1/8th than this guy did in the 1/4. I do have a video on VHS that I need to convert.

I'd be happy to convert to DVD, MPEG, AVI, WMV or whatever. Just send me the tape and I'll get it done.

I'm certainly not babying my car. I was referring to the fact that My motors power will tear up my 5spd, and other odds and ends, just to be able to say I ran this, or that... I don't think so!!

Until I decide to ruin my Z's drive ability (my opinion), by putting a auto in it, I will not be pounding thru the gears on a 1/4 mi strip.

I kinda giggle to when I hear of those who have gone thru, how many 5 spds now, while dragging their car??

This is my daily driver. It gets treated like it too...

No insults meant here..... :icon45:

What gear were you in? The one post mentioned you in 3rd gear, was this the case with the last run? Also what dyno are you running on?

I have been tuning on a mustang dyno in forth gear.

I have also had problems with EGT's on my car. I was able to decrease them when I pulled the bumper to get some air to the radiator a little better.

I was first tunig for 11:1 AFR's, but found out the car ran stronger, and cooler with 12:1

I was talking to Ed about the car while it was on the dyno and he mentioned they were at times tuning for 13:1 on their high hp drift cars.

I am still not finished, seems the car was in fact misfiring slightly and when it 6-7K rpms it was very apparent the car was misfiring. I dont want to post any numbers yet on the car, but lats say I am just about where I want to be in the Hp range. I made some changes in the wastegate spring and it appears to be affecting my max boost level. But the ignition is the key here. I think the Nissan ECU will just be able to squeak by @ 600hp at the crank.

Nice run though, I am hoping to see those numbers.