HybridZ

Aerodynamics DONATIONS NEEDED!!!

I hope I can donate sometime around christmas...

Anyway I posted about this project on Z***.com and the thread got promptly deleted...Oh well.

:Shakes Head:

I am still slated to bring it up at the GroupZ Meeting this Thursday.

I guess they like the bickering about unerhood pressure...

I was TRYING to explain to thumbody over there that air hits the firewall and then hits the hood and compresses and pushes itself under the car creating underhood PRESSURE and that air being stagnant under the hood is closed minded...

the response I got was "That's not logical"...and now they don't want to see proof of the aero problems and their fixes. It may prove that CHANGING the Z's body will IMPROVE the car. That would be against their closed-eyed knowledge that the Z is the perfect shape for everything... aero and looks.:icon56:

I just tossed the spare change in my paypal account into the pot.

Everyone can afford to throw in the 5 bucks collecting e-dust in their paypal account. You can't even take it out of an atm if it is your last $5 anyway...

These guys are putting up so much of their $ and time already. It's the thought that counts more than anything. Plus... A lot of not much adds up to a little something.

To everyone saying that they need s130 testing to donate...

It's your money, i'm not saying you have to donate, But...

I have a 240z, even though it does apply to my body style, I already have my body setup, and it won't be changed based on the testing (because it's done, and i'm broke).

I'm not getting any real benefits from donating, other than knowing i helped a (very) little bit in a project that is if nothing else, some serious bragging rights for our favorite site.

and it will be nice to know just for conversation...

With that in mind... let the pennies roll

I thought Johns comments were on the money. To generate a wide variety of "data" will allow one to chose a set up to match the aplication.

As Hybrid77Z (Butt Clown) stated that he was looking for fuel economy.

Would not one look for the setup that had the least drag coeffient? Or some thing close to that? If one was looking for increased rear down force, look for the product that gave thoes numbers?

Sounds simple to me.

I guess Theologians would rather run thier mouths than to search for the truth. Good job John. Press on.................

I tired to set him right from the start but there is no point as he wouldn't listen to reason, and even after he was given the information he asked for he just kinda blew it off and changed gears a bit to start attacking peoples responses. I think hybriz77z is a good guy but he can be thick headed sometimes, can't he see what we are trying to achieve here?

Just today I got another $230 in donations. I want to thank you guys and gals for the donations... To those who are reading this from the other boards, I'll tell all of you what I told another member here... I've got no need to scam any monies from any of you... This money will go directly to the operator of the windtunnel or it'll go BACK to each of those who donated... There will be NO parts purchases, NO beer bought, NO food bought, NO tools bought... I need none of these items that I can't afford to payfor myself... Again, THE ONLY REASON WE STEPPED IN TO TAKE DONATIONS was to INSURE that the data was SHARED... Anyone who has the stones to visit and accuse me of anything face to face is more than welcome to come chat w/ me... My door is ALWAYs open...

Mike

haha we have all seen the zcar.com .. 'flame war' don't get me wrong i like zcar .. for the living room bar feeling, but get this:

seemingly data is not data .. and no this prolly wont be perfect i take but at least we will have some ideas of what will work and what not apart from endless discussion about it ( witch is fun aswel but .. you get the draft )ooh well.

Curious for the results!

if want fuel economy we need to buy a hybrid LOL