Post your photography!!

tfreer85

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys I have a Canon EOS Rebel K2 that I bought about a year ago for $400, I used it probably 2-3 times before buying my Canon XTi for digital purposes. I'm wanting to sell it now as its just collecting dust. What do you think is a good asking price? I know its a shameless plug in a way, but I'd like your opinions on it. Thanks!

Well I don't know about yall, but I had a good weekend and then some.

Here's two panoramas that I took hand held with my dinky point and shoot. NO photo editing on this first one other than cutting edges off to get them to mesh well. The second has about 10 minutes worth of clone stamping to dissolve the edges (boy was it bad). Edges are still noticeable, but I'm happy since I'm relatively new to panoramas.

No editing what so ever to any of the other pics. I'm trying to get in the habbit of not touching up my photos to force myself to take better pictures. Also helps than I'm getting lazy about editing since I'm taking so many more pictures lately.

Panorama-Tahoe-02.jpg

Panorama-Tahoe-01.jpg

DSCI0192.jpg

DSCI0196.jpg

DSCI0197.jpg

DSCI0198.jpg

DSCI0199.jpg

DSCI0201.jpg

DSCI0208-1.jpg

A bit of advice for panoramas: Put your camera in manual mode and keep the exposure the same for each shot. ie: if you take the first shot at 1/60 and f4, take all the shots at those settings. This will really help you with meshing the photos afterward.

Also, overlap each frame by about 1/3. This lets you clone out undesirables, and make the connection line non linear, which is much harder to see in the finished product.

Photoshop CS3 has a nice panorama function, works pretty well in my experience. There is other freeware out there that will do a good job of it as well.

Edited by Drax240z

Yea, I had it set in manual for that reason. I should have made it a 6 or 7 shot panorama, to help with the blending.

Thanks for the tips. I'm using CS4 and it's panoramic function couldn't align my pictures for some reason. It might be user error though. Last photoshop version I was heavily into was 7.0...

• 4 weeks later...

Did a little Photoshopping, I tried to make the first two look like they came out of an old magazine:

3744628471_b80cf99aae_b.jpg

3746801682_e1d9131f77_b.jpg

3751270590_9055803dc7_b.jpg

And this was no strobes or any photoshop:

3586224707_c5c452653f_b.jpg

If anyone is interested, a guy posted on the IS forums that Popular Photography is doing a 2 yr for $7 deal:

https://www.neodata.com/ITPS2.cgi?ordertype=reply%20only&itemcode=phot&iClientResponse=www.neodata.com/hfm/ym/phot.shtml&keycode=MY2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...