HybridZ

Wangan Midnite Movie Copies

Ok, here is what I'm gonna do since there are so many people who want this.

DIVX is easy for me to do, but I don't have the entire movie in DV format. Also, since there are a total of 4 or 5 parts, a long video tape would be the way to go. They have an 8hour VHS tape out now which would be great.

So, who wants a copy..and who has two video decks to help make copies for others?

I can make copies for the SoCal guys, and Hoover can do it for the NorCal guys. But some of you guys out on the otherside of the country...we need some volunteers.

Owen

------------------

http://www.homestead.com/s30z/index.html

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clint~

You must be talking about Redline...the Supra movie?

A friend of mine knows both the owners of the cars they used and the producer of the movie. He said it didn't turn out as the racers expected it and the owners were disappointed.

I also read that they used a sinister black Dodge Charger in the movie with an "obviously fake" 6-71 or 8-71 blower sticking out of the hood...and I guess the imports are spanking it. YEA RIGHT..that alone keeps my money in my pocket and out of their profits. Dont get me wrong...I respect ANYTHING thats fast. But dont try and take an old muscle car guy like myself and expect me to believe (or even be entertained..) by a boosted 3.0L supposidly wasting a huffed BB. I mean..you can bend the truth, but dont twist it like a pretzel smile.gif

Hmm. Not trying to step on any toes here, but I wouldn't discount a supra. 3.0L. Yes, no where near what you will see in a muscle car. But displacement isn't everything.

Here are a couple things from a supra that ran one lap of america a few years ago.

DynoOneLapJZA80.jpg

http://www.supras.com/~riemer/onelap2000/

4th place overall. Ahead of them, a Dodge Viper, Mercedes-Benz, and A Mallet Corvette.

Behind them:

Corvette ZR-1, Viper Venom 600, Lingenfelter Corvette, Turbocharged M3 (Prepared and driven by Dinan), Superformance Cobra... tons more.

Well you get the idea. smile.gif Anyhoo, some of those pictures at that link are pretty cool, check them out.