New toy

texis30O

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure that is F'n hi-larious. I have in my stable a 2001 IS 300 custom painted DWP with blue pearl, Bilstein shocks, Tien H-tech springs, HKS carbon -Ti exhaust, HP header, Greddy Emanage Ultimate, Joe Z intake , Blitz filter, and a full custom audio system. Shuk wheels with Kuhmo MX's on the corners. I LOVE the straight six.

As far as the Z I am not sure about the color. I might change it( I want to). But for accuracy I might keep it original....Not sure what a color change would do to the value since this car has is #'s matching ( 806 to be exact.)

Check those rings. Especially on ADI turbo, water and condensate can turn aluminum to the white fuzz of death (Al2O3). Avoid scoring cyl by pulling head and checking piston ring grooves for corrosion. Check fuel pump and lines. Alternativley, perform leakdown test. Forged pistons aint cheap anymore. Examine drained oil for coolant and water. Use synthetic oil.

OBTW, remove rat droppings from W/W bottle area near firewall and anywhere else.

Well the Rat droppings are staying for extra WHP.....lol The car was in full working order the last time it was out. I would not there for I would not think of a reason to do a leak down test.

I have reconsidered about the carb. I am haveing the original rebuilt and it will be as good as new. I am sending the Demon back tomorrow.

Just showed up in the back your truck?! What a find. I sure someone wants it.

If it is a typical TT kit, someone put at 5K-10K into it.

I got my Z running today and the gas started shooting 6 in. out of the vent tubes. I guess the Holley Red fuel pump is too much pressure at a preset of 7lbs. Still have a exhaust leak.

Well...

I've got a roller I want to put it in, but I've got too many project(don't we all). Luckily, the guy I bought it from built the turbo F54 L-28 (O-ringed etc.), so when I get everything together I can call on his expertise. With NOS, he said the Zcar it was in was running mid-twelves with no traction. This was a '73 street driven Z with A/C.

Cimg0210_thumb.jpg

Cimg0216_thumb.jpg

Cimg0222_thumb.jpg

I bet TT built that engine. I also have "O" ringed heads, F54 block and P90A

head. Your engine looks to be a duplicate of mine, except the fan. I thought that only belonged on an injected car. I can't believe there are that many TT cars in Tx. I actually drove mine to TT in Dunwoody, Ga twice! Exactly 911 miles from my house in Cypresswood to the front of TT's house on Pontiac Circle. Spent the night twice. Great Guy! R.I.P.

Where in Tx are you. I'm in Conroe (Oak Ridge North)

I blew thought 45 last night....I stopped off at American Dream Cycles to pop in and see a friend of mine......The bastard is the GM over there.....Now he wants to sell me a bike, even though I don't even have all of my cars at the house ( cause they all won't fit), he tells me to park the bike in my dinning room on my new wood floors......not going to happen with the wife around......I am making gaskets for the plates tomorrow and boltin this bad boy back together.........

I bet TT built that engine. I also have "O" ringed heads, F54 block and P90A

head. Your engine looks to be a duplicate of mine, except the fan. I thought that only belonged on an injected car. I can't believe there are that many TT cars in Tx. I actually drove mine to TT in Dunwoody, Ga twice! Exactly 911 miles from my house in Cypresswood to the front of TT's house on Pontiac Circle. Spent the night twice. Great Guy! R.I.P.

Where in Tx are you. I'm in Conroe (Oak Ridge North)

I'm up here in the vast frozen wasteland call Denton

Yup mine did. I am gonna keep it for sure. I will switch out the paper element filter for a K&N soon........other than recoating the manifolds with a Jethot type coating that is all that I am doing for now. I figure that if I can hit the 500+whp mark then I will see no need in changeing anything as far as the motor is concerned.

Yeah 10-4 on the Moroso lid!

As far as the Jet Hot, there's a place in Carrollton that can put that purdy blue ceramic coating back on the turbo and the Ex-manifold. The place is call Quality powdercoating, and they use Techline coating which is based in Murrieta Georgia. Think there's a connection somewhere? Anyway, I thought it would be neat to make the system look "correct". Give me you 2 cents!

David K

Denton Texas

Hey, you guys work for a living? I'm sick and left work at 1:30. First time in 30 yrs. and now everybody is calling to make sure I'm not dead. I used Jet Hot (sent to the MS plant) to coat the down pipe and when I fired the engine up, the damn thing bubbled up. I coated it the white stuff, I forget what it is (hey, I'm sick). Jet Hot has all kinds of disclaimers about this. When I coated the exhaust manifold, I used a local company called Poly-dyn off FM 249 and Grant. It is coated black and it seems to handle the heat OK. I have to take off the down pipe because I have a leak somewhere, so I will have Poly-Dyn do the down pipe in black also.

I am having Amaretto straight up to cure my head cold.

Cheers.

John