HybridZ

New Guy In Town

Guest 71240Z

Hello everyone! New guy here. I've been checking out the boards for a while, and finally decided that I needed to get off my rump and join HybridZ. I'm sure you all can tell from my member name what kind of Z I've got. It's actually been in the family since the 70's; my grandfather was the second or third owner of the car. (He's not sure which.) I'm currently getting some things put back together so I can drive it (it's been sitting for YEARS) and shortly after I will be looking for a new power plant for her. I'm torn between a supercharged SBF or a twin turbo RB26, so I'll be searching deeper into the boards for info to make the ultimate decesion. Right now I'm leaning towards the SBF for several reasons - pricing, that wonderful V8 sound, and the availability of aftermarket parts locally. (Although I did see a short video clip of a turbocharged RB25 Z that really got me interested. Plus, I'd love to keep it all Datsun/Nissan.) Anyway, I will try and post a picture tonight of my 240Z, it's been sitting a long time, and I'm finally getting this project rolling. Hope to see you guys on the streets!