HybridZ

240z V8 swap (kit)

I assume that most of you have your opinions on kits from different manufacturers and i wanted to see what you thought was the easiest kit to install and the easiest car to install it in. I would prefer to do very little alteration to parts associated to the engine swap such as the exhaust system. Is there a kit that i can get so I can change ONLY the motor? And were should i go to get a standard Z that isn't a bucket of rust for a swap project?

-Nick Meyer

Lots more info needed on what you plan to do with the car, and use the search function....it will answer most of your basic questions. You might get a few pep around here upset with this post.

Well to HBZ, great place just gotta do some reading first.......

Lots more info needed on what you plan to do with the car, and use the search function....it will answer most of your basic questions. You might get a few pep around here upset with this post.

Well to HBZ, great place just gotta do some reading first.......

evil i swear all the post i see from u are teling people to use a search function..why do u bother?

evil i swear all the post i see from u are teling people to use a search function..why do u bother?

He's saving us admin/mods from having to type the same kind of message. If you would just read pages 1-5 of the Chevy V-8 forum there is alot of info right there.

EvilC... Keep posting your message. :-)

Nick, read this thread for starts....http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=116585

LARRY

First off, if you read what I said...it says we need more info on what he wants to do with the car.....then I said search and you will find info. When I first came to this site, I asked twice something that has been asked a million times and I was told the same thing and the threads were locked. Post like this are the post that make the site a mess. Maybe you like reading these post about the same ol thing. Plus this post causes new comers to get 10 pages of useless info when they do a search. If you search now, you will see how many "open" threads there are about v8 kits....and yes I get pretty upset when this question is asked when there is a post just like it on the SAME PAGE!

With that said mike321go, I hope you take it upon yourself to answer all of the restated questions around here......

By the way to answer the question of why bother, as I am new to the site, only been here for 2 yrs...I think it is the responsblity of the newer guys to show the way of newbies and not leave it up to admins to police the site. If something like this comes up, that we all know the rules why not inform the person the correct way to go about what they do....I did not tell him to get off the site....I welcomed him and told him the site is full of great info.

I'm still new here, and it didn't hurt my feelings when i was told to search. Because almost every question you can have is answered with a search. Nothing wrong with pointing that out in a nice way.

You can use part of your original exhaust, but it will be alittle small for a v8, and you'll have to adapt it to v8 headers/manifolds, so you might as well upgrade the rest as well while you at it for a better sound and performence. www.jagsthatrun.com will have a book to save u alot of trouble with a z V8 swap.

What do you think of this car and how much do you think its worth?

Description s.gifs.gifs.gifs.gifItem Specifics - Cars & TrucksDatsun : Z-Series 1971 DATSUN 240Z COUPEs.gifs.gifMiles: 67300

Body Type: Coupe

Transmission: Manual

Engine: 8 - Cyl.

Interior: Black

Warranty: No

Year: 1971

Title: Clear

VIN Number: --

Condition: Certified Pre-Owned

Exterior: Orange

Fuel Type: Gasoline

Inspection: --

s.gifs.gifOptions CD Player

Vehicle Description

1971 DATSUN 240Z COUPE Converted to a 327ci V8 with ~67300 Miles on the Rebuild, Cam, Roller Rockers, Rock Crusher 4 Speed Manual, Front Disc Brakes, Cable Clutch, Solid and Strong, Looks and Drives Great.The car is in perfect condition, no scratches, no special marks, no need for additional repairs what so ever. The real miles onboard, a great car ready to be yours. It has no accident or any engine problem.

ecd0_1.JPG

-Nick Meyer

What do you think of this car and how much do you think its worth?

Description s.gifs.gifs.gifs.gifItem Specifics - Cars & TrucksDatsun : Z-Series 1971 DATSUN 240Z COUPEs.gifs.gifMiles: 67300

Body Type: Coupe

Transmission: Manual

Engine: 8 - Cyl.

Interior: Black

Warranty: No

Year: 1971

Title: Clear

VIN Number: --

Condition: Certified Pre-Owned

Exterior: Orange

Fuel Type: Gasoline

Inspection: --

s.gifs.gifOptions CD Player

Vehicle Description

1971 DATSUN 240Z COUPE Converted to a 327ci V8 with ~67300 Miles on the Rebuild, Cam, Roller Rockers, Rock Crusher 4 Speed Manual, Front Disc Brakes, Cable Clutch, Solid and Strong, Looks and Drives Great.The car is in perfect condition, no scratches, no special marks, no need for additional repairs what so ever. The real miles onboard, a great car ready to be yours. It has no accident or any engine problem.

ecd0_1.JPG

-Nick Meyer

Be careful with this car and check out this link.

http://classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=24372

And were should i go to get a standard Z that isn't a bucket of rust for a swap project?

-Nick Meyer

Go West, young man...

There are still relatively rust-free 240Zs on the west coast, not just California, but Oregon and Washington too. (No road salt out here.) And even the ones we call 'rusty' here are way better than the average Z from the mid-west or East of the Mississippi.