HybridZ

found out something that hurt my feelings

typhoone

I was looking on http://www.vg30et.com/ at the members rides. there is one guy on there who has 440 rwhp and 490 rwtq and he is only doin LOW TWELVES....WTF?!?! there has gotta be a way to get better times than that. I was thinking that with 500 hp I would AT LEAST be hitting low elevens. I am still going to start working on my Z and try to get up in the 500-600 hp ranges, and hopefully i'll be able to hit my mark...... :'-(

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the guy with the slow times say anything about what had been done to the car to lighten it? Don't the 300ZX turbos weight about 3400-3500 lbs stock?

He might also be an inexperienced driver that just needs to learn how to drive, don't let it get you down man. :)

Wheelman

it shows dyno sheets and all, and all of the mods were listed. the turbo zx weighs in at about 3g even, and none od the cars I looked at even broke into the elevens. I know they are heavy and all but DAMNIT MAN!! I guess I will be investing in a nice juice setup after all. feel free to look at the site and go to the members rides section and look at it. tell me if there is any way I can fix this quick fast and in a hurry. thanks for any and all advice/responses.

13:80 in the quarter

automatic transmission,no first gear

10 psi of boost, Bov leaks after 10

Low profile street tires

207 rwhp 280 ft/lbs of torque

nissan hardbody pickup 2800 lbs with the driver

this year i will have the tranny fixed, a new bov so I can run like 15lbs or so, and 100 shot of nitrous, then we will go from there.

here is the timeslip:

timeslip.jpg

Barneypic.jpg

i wouldn't feel too bad if it was just one or two cars, but it was just about EVERYONE. There is only one person on the members list that has broken into the 11 second territory.....WTF. I am deffinately going to be getting up to around 500-600 hp....then putting a 200 shot on it....otherwise i will cry.....alot. lol

I did the calculate HP thin on dragtimes.com with Jasons time on vg30et.com 12.21 124mph and put his weight as 3250, im not sure but im guessing 150 for him and 3100 for his car and got 420hp which is only off by 30. Having a lighter car is so much easier thats why im not going to try to make my car an 11 second car. I know a guy in my town that drives a WRX and he has somewhere around 500 hp and does 11s his car is heavy...

Jason has done a better time since then. 11.6 I believe.

I wouldn't put too much value in dyno #'s. My car dyno'd at 300rwhp but runs 11.75 and weighs about 3150 with me in it. If you go with a stick shift you'll dyno a lot higher but your et will be higher (usually). Auto's suck at the dyno but are quick at the track. You might wanna check out redz31.com. Good luck with your project.

very valid point, because if you can't catch you can't go. But the thing is, if I invest enough money into my car to where i am capable of spinning out an entire 1/4 mile, you had BETTER BELIEVE that i will find SOME way to make it catch. i don't car if i have to buy the top of the top of the line tires, a custom LSD, or any thing else. If i make that much hp, i WILL get it to the ground....somehow.....lol

If you have the money. You can put slicks on it but you will break a lot of stuff. its not that you cant put it the ground its that if you do you might break stuff... LOL I really dont care about launches most people around here do races from rolls unless your going to a drag strip... I just want to beat mustangs and any honda LOL all there is around here.

the problem is the trailing link design rear suspension isnt designed for drag racing and it causes you tires contact patch to lessen as you accelerate. A nice solid axle conversion with a proper setup 4 link would have you grippin and rippin im sure. peace.

there is a nice idea. never really thought too much about suspension. this should be fun. around how much do u think a new setup like that would cost? also, with all the power I want to make I really don't want to break the drive shaft. does anyone know where I could get a carbon fiber ds made and around how much $$$ it would cost??? thank you for all your input