HybridZ

Airjockie's Red 260Z.

I bought the car from a buddy at work, his dad had it in a garage for 13 years, and the finishing touches were all that was left to do...install a mirror on the driver door, put the wipers back one...and that was it. It sat for a long time, so the gas was bad, and the oil in the engine just was not perfect and on everything. I literally snagged it for $1450, it had a stuck drivers front caliper, and a stuck valve. But my house was about 2 miles away, so my buddy followed me and the 13 year old gas still had a little juice in it. Got it home, washed it, finished putting everything together, fixed the brakes and the stuck valve, and the DVG's were almost still perfectly tuned. Needless to say...I babied it until a lady with a huge SUV backed into it at a parking lot, and destroyed the hood...her insurance shot out a check to me for $1500...so now the car was a free car...but needed a hood. Found a hood, had it painted, and put it on the car...$300...and it was mint again...

Then I decided to play around with it...and years of drifting, autocross, and spirited drives...kind of made it into a rat rod. Anything will go on it, in it, and it liked to eat tires and gas.

as it sits today:

1974 Datsun 260Z

Some aftermarket Whale tail.

Wheels are what ever flavor I decide... I have too many.

F54 block/P90 head with about 2000 miles since rebuild.

240SX Throttle body, JSK TB adapter, JSK Fuel rail.

Engine has a 280Z wire harness and ECU. 280ZX nonturbo injectors.

Act heavy duty pressure plate, ACT 6 puck springless disk.

Filled the motor mounts with windshield RTV.

ported and polished the head, matched the intake runners.

Currently has a MSA header, but have a Hooker header to slap on this winter.

Currently has a 2.5" crushed bent header back to a Turbo II muffler, But have some twice pipes to throw on this spring.

4:11 Nismo 2 way LSD in an R-180 diff. Still stuck with u-joints, but no problems yet.

5 speed swap from a 280Z. Stainless steel clutch pressure line.

front and rear hubs are 280Z.

Tokico Illumina's and Tokico 1 inch drop springs on all corners.

Some custom made rear strut tower bar, has a fire extinguisher mounted to it.

Some flares that are molded to the car.

Corbuea Race seats and sliders with Scrothe harness's

Sony CD player, 100 watt amp, 2 tweeters in the dash vents, 2 mid's in custom boxes with the crossovers mounted to them, and a removable kicker box with some cheap 10" woofers.

Brakes...Stock...but all from a 280Z.

New Radiator.

New hoses.

Wired in a solid state voltage regulator.

Plumped in a high pressure fuel pump and a cheap fuel pressure regulator...fuel injection swap.

Onyx Shift Knob. (stone=very heavy)

Brass Shifter bushings.

Full Prothane Bushings on the car.

Solid Diff Bushing.

Crane XR700 ignition system.

Leather wrapped steering wheel.

Problems with the car.

Frame rails are rusting. Body needs a new paint job. Floor pans were replaced, but not done great. Drivers door was torn off by a mad tree, also that same mad tree dropped acorns on the car for two seasons. Hood now has little dings in it...the rest of the car looks ok...except the fenders.. But I have new fiberglass fenders in the basement. When driving, the car wants to pull to the right slightly. Jack damage on the rocker panels, but have new fiberglass rocker panels in the basement. Reverse light switch wire broke.

The good.

The car handles like it's on rails in the corners...but I try to drift it all the time and the car just doesn't want to brake loose like a drift car should, but once it does brake loose...it makes a hell of a smoke show. This will be the last year I try to drift it...new parts ready to go on, a new flare setup that I'm trying to get, got some huge wheels to fill the flares I want....granted...they are small, but it will look sexy when done. I'll prolly finish it, and just use it as a cruising car for shows and spirited driving runs...

Parts waiting to go on.

Two new FG fenders.

Two new FG rocker panels.

Hooker Header.

Twice Pipes.

15x10 and 15x12 American Racing Custom Wheels

245/35ZR15 Dunlop SP sports (x4)

345/35ZR15 Pirelli System Asimmetrico's (x2) ((still have to buy))

Works Over Fenders (from Japan) ((still waiting to buy))

Du Pont Ful-Thane 2K Urethane 1979 Chrysler R8 Regent Red Effect with some metallic Iridescent. Paint on hand with all the stuff to spray. (Blood red. Very dark and Very evil.)

A fresh turbo manifold that is crying for me to find a t3/t4 turbo for, and rape the other Z for parts to build this one up to be a monster from hell. Old road racer with a haltech.

Problems..other.

I have a 1987 CRX that I need to build up, finish, and sell or race. An autocross monster.

I have an 1881 house that I'm restoring and tyring to make it cozy.

I have another Z that needs more attention...Boost sucks down the dollars.

I have to work 7 days a week to afford all this.

I have a problem sitting down...I always end up in front of the computer with a few beers...and a sore back that I've had major problems with for the last two years, but it's getting better. The beer helps.

I'd give all my cars and parts away if someone would buy them and I can buy a small plane and a decent daily driver. (hint hint)

The pics....

Everything is literally here in my redpepperracing gallery.

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/v/airjockie

and I have one vid of the beast trying to drift...

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/airjockie/0/8f1a345c-d7a7-4b3d-87bc-0b57579f8f93.htm

I used to have more vids..but my old computer crashed and I haven't had my buddy retrieve any of the data yet.

But the best pic is this...sideways on a banked race track...

0583-265.jpg

I"ll add some more pics later...hehe

And if the mods here will allow it, I'm ok if others want to post comments....;)