HybridZ

"Drop In Injectors"

Chemicalblue

Im currently switching my set up to a Haltech e11 and I have a few Qs about injectors.

Here's the issue, I was running 225cc RC injectors (which are really nice) but now they are too small. I need to be running 550cc injectors but Im having trouble finding alot of info on "Drop in Injectors" and I would rather not pay the high price of the RCs again if I dont have to. I did several searches and It looks like someone tried to make a sticky about this but never finished putting it all together.

I have a fuel rail with barbs on it, supplied by a 5/16 line.

Stock motor.

Modified intake and exhaust manifolds (cleaned up and ported w/ mild polish internals).

Running a T3/T4 BB 57 trim Turbonetics turbo.

External wastegate.

1 very efficient intercooler.

I think that the 550 cc injectors should be plenty for a 350-400hp goal.

Should I run high impedance or low and what the hell is the difference?

What are the best "Drop in Injectors" for the money?

Tnx in advance for any help.

• Administrators

Should I run high impedance or low and what the hell is the difference?

Hi impedance are refered to as 'saturated'. This means a constant current is supplied for the duration of 'on time'.

Low impeadance are 'peak & holds'. This means they are initally allowed to draw full current and then, shortly after, are current limited to keep from overheating. The idea is to get them open quickly. Once opened they require much less current to hold them open.

The primary advantage, especially with large flow rates/high fuel pressures, is quicker response than saturated injectors.

Make sure your ECM is compatible with low impedance before running them.

What are the best "Drop in Injectors" for the money?

Its probably not what you want to hear, but if it were me, I'd think hard about having the manifold machined for O-ring injectors. You'll have many more choices in rates/patterns/price.