HybridZ

2007 Annual Z Car Convention in Daytona

kj280z

Hey all!

Registration for the 20th Annual Z Car Convention is now open!

Of PARTICULAR interest to this group will be the FZA Challenge!

I now challenge all of you guys to see WHO HAS THE ULTIMATE Z CAR?

A combined score from a drag race, autoX and the car show is all setup... Now it's time for you to get crackin on your Z to prepare!

More information is here: http://www.flza.com/fza_challenge.htm

General info is in a number of places on our website which is here: http://flza.com

Registration is here: http://www.flza.com/registration/index.php

Spots are already filling up fast!!!

Feel free to post any questions either on this thread for anything convention related or in our forums as well..

Ken

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is sure to be the MAC DADDY convention of all times! The Florida group has thought of everything. And Daytona International Motor Speedway as the host location.

Cars in the track, on the track, and on the "World Famous" Daytona drive on beach. Plus a chance to get on the "World Famous" Sebring 12 hour track .

Plan some extra time to visit, Disney World, Universal Studios, and Busch Gardens.

I have friends driving in from as far away as San Francisco for this show. I think that this will be a once in a lifetime opportunity. There's no reason why we can't get thousands of Z cars for this one. Wouldn't a caravan to Key West be cool!

This will be the Place to be the first week of October 2007!

Let's re-name " Daytona International Motor Speedway", "Z MECCA" for a week.

Hey!! Thanks for that!! I agree this has the potential to be the biggest Z gathering of all time!

I just sent out a few email messages to some Z friends and WOW! Registrations are rolling in at an unbelievable pace!

Is it possible to see 1000+ Z cars in one place? That would be amazing!

If I can help with any questions, please let me know!

I will post more information about Sebring in a few days... I'm still working out a few details.

Ken

Hey!! Thanks for that!! I agree this has the potential to be the biggest Z gathering of all time!

I just sent out a few email messages to some Z friends and WOW! Registrations are rolling in at an unbelievable pace!

Is it possible to see 1000+ Z cars in one place? That would be amazing!

If I can help with any questions, please let me know!

I will post more information about Sebring in a few days... I'm still working out a few details.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Would it possible to periodically post a count of registrants, and perhaps location of farthest traveling registrant?

Hi Ken,

Would it possible to periodically post a count of registrants, and perhaps location of farthest traveling registrant?

Great idea! I will probably do it on the forum on our website so that it's easier to keep current, but until then.... in the first 1 hour of registration being open we have 25 registations already! We got 12 in the last 15 minutes!

Just to give you all a quick update...

Thanks for all the enthusiasm! This is certainly shaping up to potentially be a unbelievably huge event!

We received over 40 registrations in the first day! Can today be just as enthusiastic? Hope so! I received several calls from all over the country (and one from Canada!) regarding the event and expect several more registrations today!

SOOOO... We have 5 spots already filled for the FZA Challenge. This is limited to 80 participants so signup early! There has been a TON of inquiries about it! (over 100!)... All you guys who have built your cars for drag racing, now it's time to get it to handle and get your times down in the autox! Think you can do it? HA... We'll see

Knowing John Coffey he'll show up with a car focused on handling with a stock L motor and kick our butts :)

The lapping event at Daytona is also filling up fast, we have 12 spots already taken and it is limited to 80 cars so again, please sign up early.

As far as the optional Sebring lapping day, I should be posting the details within a few days.

Any other questions please feel free to post here or email me at ken280z@hotmail.com

Z Convention!!! http://flza.com

Ken

Hi...

You mentioned that you can't wait for track day... Is your name Michael? The reason I ask is that the last registration was from a person named michael and they did not sign up for the track day... If it was you and need to change your registration email me at ken280z@hotmail.com and I'll fix it for you.

Regards

Ken

Just wanted to give you guys an update...

The lapping is filling up fast, so you'll need to definetly signup early to guarantee a spot... Also, the AutoX A & B has been very popular and will most likely be sold out if you wait too long....

Additionally the Judged car show has 36 spots taken already!

This event will most likely be the biggest Z event of all time so you're greatly helping us by registering early so we can properly prepare for the large amounts of demand on certain events...

Heck if there's a large enough demand we might be able to adjust some of the caps but we'd need months to plan for things like that so please signup as soon as ya can

• 1 month later...

Convention Update!

The 20th Annual Z Convention is shaping up fabulously!

At this point with the convention 7 months away we have around 150 registrations representing over 350 people coming to the convention so far! At the current pace we could exceed 800-900 Z cars coming to the convention representing over 2500 people! That would be amazing!

We have several sponsors and vendors who have already made commitments in support of the Z community, now it’s time to kick it in to high gear and do your part to make this the biggest Z event of all time! It’s time to celebrate the 20th Annual ZCCA convention! Don’t miss it! Please sign up early! http://flza.com

Other information:

We have expanded the AutoX events (see breaking news below) and should be able to accommodate as many registrations as we get, BUT there are other events that are filling fast (like the ZCCA judged car show and the lapping), so please register early! It really helps us out significantly for planning purposes!

Breaking News...

Due to overwhelming demand for the Auto-X and to allow for more track time on Track Day, we have made some enhancements to our Motorsports schedule.

(More information is available at http://flza.com/AutoX.htm).

We will eliminate the Tuesday afternoon Auto-X (A) all together, but add a full day of Auto-X on Thursday. That will give us a full day of Auto-X on Wednesday inside the track at DIS, and a full day on Thursday at the SCCA site at the Deland Airport. It will work like this:

Wednesday - will be a full day of non-classed autoxing to be held on the Super Skid Pad, just off NASCAR turn #2. It is a smooth asphalt area over 1100 feet long by 190 feet wide. This is a 'run what you brung' day that will all about having fun and honing your skills. Individual timing will be offered and bragging rights will rule. If you are in the Wednesday Auto-x, you cannot also be entered in the Lapping event on the Skip Barber course. It is one or the other for Wednesday, but don't worry, here comes Thursday..

Thursday - is the Auto-x full day competition at Deland Airport which is about a 35 minute drive from DIS. This is a fully competitive autoX which is a first for a ZCCA convention! On this day you will be classed per the classifications listed on our website at http://flza.com/AutoX.htm

Please note the adjusted agenda reflecting this Motorsports schedule change. For all of you that signed up for Tuesday (Auto-X "A") you will be contacted via phone or email to see how to adjust to the new schedule. Remember if you are in the Lapping Event on Wednesday, you cannot be in the Wednesday Auto-X, but if you are not in the Lapping Event, you can Auto-X both Wednesday and Thursday!

The Ultimate Z Challenge will consist of 3 events.

Does your car have what it takes to be the Ultimate Z? …Good looks AND competent in a straight line as well as in the turns? We’ll see during the FZA Challenge!

1. On Tuesday your car will be part of the car show and judged based on different rules that are geared toward, cleanliness, innovation, over-all execution, engineering innovation etc. This criteria is completely different than the ZCCA judged car show and will have a different group of judges responsible for the judging

2. On Wednesday night cars participating in the Challenge will be drag racing at Orlando Speed World. All cars should arrive at the track by 5pm. Spectators should arrive by 5:45pm

3. On Thursday the final leg of the competition will take place at Deland Airport which is the AutoX. All Challenge cars will be in the same class. This class is considered “open” since all cars in the challenge are competing against each other.

Hotel Reservations:

We now have a special page that was created by the Hilton to make it easier for you to book your room. The page is available here http://flza.com/hotel_info.htm

Click on “Book a Room” to make your reservations.

Sebring Lapping:

This is not a convention event, but on Saturday after the convention we have made arrangements with Chin Motorsports to allow the opportunity to run your car with their club at the famous Sebring road coarse! Yes this is the 3.7 mile 12 hour coarse! You will get an unprecedented 3 ½ hours (or more) of track time with this club!

Ride alongs are available for anyone wishing to get a joy ride at speed around the track in any of the cars there as well. For further information and signup instructions look here http://flza.com/sebring.htm

See you in October at the biggest Z event of all time!

• 6 months later...