HybridZ

2007 Annual Z Car Convention in Daytona

kj280z

Is this still valid?

2. On Wednesday night cars participating in the Challenge will be drag racing at Orlando Speed World. All cars should arrive at the track by 5pm. Spectators should arrive by 5:45pm

I checked the agenda and it wasn't on it?

http://flza.com/agenda.htm

You need to check under FZA Challenge: http://flza.com/fza_challenge.htm

It is listed there.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

drove over 2700 miles in my little 'ole z this past week, car show, lapping, drag [my first ever], auto-x, had a great time. i too thank the fla z crew for hosting the event, as a previous convention team member i know and appreciate what they endured for the past 2 years planning! i'm tired now and will sleep this week. my hybridz did great, no mechanical problems the entire time. did have a flat tire about 4 hours from home on the way back yesterday, good thing i had my old compact 16" maxima/810 spare tire with me...

here's a couple of us at the closing banquetDSC05364.JPG

from left to right are; kusumi-san [friend of datsun spirit], quick240z [david], yours truly [1tuffz] and datsun spirit [eiji]. had a great time and the crew really busted their butts to make it all happen. i was very fortunate, amidst some great cars & drivers to place 4th in the fzc [fla z challenge]. this combined the auto-x, drag and car show for a competition. bill coffey was turned away at the drags for no taillights and eiji's 240zg's msd box decided not to let him drag either-i'm confident both would have turned better times in their immaculately prepared z's. my initiation into drag racing and a bit of coaching allowed me my first ever run with a 12.7, i was pretty thrilled. the car show was in the rain [for the fzc cars anyway] and the auto-x we not only battled each other's times but the swarms [literally] of bugs and blistering sun/humidity. overall, i met and hung out with some great people, finally put some faces to screen names [hoke-austin, speeder-rick, vinhzxt-vinh, datsun spirit-eiji, primadonna z-roger and many more that my older brain can't seem to remember at this particular moment-aargh!]. can't wait to the 08 convention in cleveland and my chance to attack mid ohio race course!!

oh, my only 'failure' during the entire 2700+ mile trip...drove for about 3.5 hours on this spare!

DSC05369.JPGDSC05364.JPG

Congrats on your challenge resuls David!

I enjoyed meeting you, and some of the other Hybridz guys. Having two cars there, and pulling Hospitality duty for all of the VIP's, and Dignitaries, didn't allow me a lot of time to get out during show hours to see alot.

Last time I bring 2 cars by myself!

Congrats also to Bill Coffee! His "Iron Man Award" could not have been more appropriately named. Bill was always around to help as I attemped to move the cars around to the different venues, and deal with the trailers. When it came time to get out and do our laps on Daytona's famous tri-oval, Bill drove Zwolf. One of my goals for the week was to get a picture of the Primadonna, and Zwolf on the track at the start finish line. I gave Bill the signal coming out of turn four, and we pulled side by side for the finish line. Big fun, and the sound of Zwolf's supercharger screaming as he hauled ass up from behind was amazing. Will stokes, always ready with his camera, captured the shot from the grandstands. My sincere thanks to Will.

All in all, regardless of the bugs, heat, salt, rain, wind, and Tornado Warnings (during the car show), I had a great exhausting time.

I am always amazed at the ingenuity of the Hybridz guys! A spare tire.....Clever!!

Hmmm Cleveland...Ohio?? Something to think about.

Roger

I experienced first hand what a 240Z can do with an LS1/T56 swap:

Thanks to Dave (quick240Z) for letting me drive his Z. We ran out of road real quick! Nice car, clean install. Thanks again Dave!

Thanks to Dave (1tuffz) for dusting me in the straights on the Skip Barber course at Daytona. Being right behind you exiting the turn before the front straight, and then having you create at least a 100 yard separation on the straight, is quite impressive. I did catch you at turn 2, but you lost me again on the next straight. My 71' project is getting a V8 of some sort for sure!

hhhhhhhhh, luke...i mean pete,hhhhhhh, i am your faather, come over to the dark hybridz side swap a v8 into your z and we shall rule the z universe together.

i crack myself up, lol.

my z theory. there is a centriod of the z community, it is strong and they are loyal enthusiasts. branched off from this centroid, and weakly connected are the 2 dark sides-which i may add are very strongly connected-hybridz and twinturbo.net. may we live long and prosper. uh oh, i think i'm getting my tv/movie stuff mixed together, oh well.

I experienced first hand what a 240Z can do with an LS1/T56 swap:

Thanks to Dave (quick240Z) for letting me drive his Z. We ran out of road real quick! Nice car, clean install. Thanks again Dave!

Thanks to Dave (1tuffz) for dusting me in the straights on the Skip Barber course at Daytona. Being right behind you exiting the turn before the front straight, and then having you create at least a 100 yard separation on the straight, is quite impressive. I did catch you at turn 2, but you lost me again on the next straight. My 71' project is getting a V8 of some sort for sure!

Glad to help convert you Pete. I know you will be happy with a V8 in your next Z car project. Come on over to the dark side, it is so nice here.

just got off the phone with steve rossini [the head photographer for the event] and he said all the photos will be posted by tomorrow morning-with the exception of the studio shots, they'll show on monday. cd's will be available for order tomorrow as well [they do not include the studio shots]-he said there will be over 1100 images on the cd. he'll send me a link once completed and i'll post them here afterward.

Lavern Burkhart.

He has a beautiful 73'240 with the JCR supercharger kit. This car is clean, and he is not afraid to get it dirty. He did mid 13s at the drags, and a ver respectable autocross time. In this event you had to score well in all three categories.

The photos are up now. They look great. Make sure you guys buy some stuff from these guys. They worked hard and did a fantastic job.

http://www.highlanddesignstudio.com/motorsport/Zcon07/Zcon07-home.html

I love how they used Glen McCoys Nalle Cobra Z car as the one for their home page. It is one of the studio photos taken with the reflection of the car in the water on the ground. Very cool.

few cars he didn't have numbers for, they're in there]. wow, do the z's look cool in the 'studio'! in my conversation with steve [photo guy] we discussed his ability to do limited custom work. on my first auto-x run i came into the 'u-turn' a tad bit too hot and basically drifted thru the corner. he captured it holding down the shutter and took about 9 pics. i'm thinking about a single pic with each of the images laid out to create a stepped look of me going thru the corner.

the cd's are available, all images on them, sans studio shots. images are a lower resolution, no watermark, suitable for printing your own pics up to a 5x7. any larger and they will begin to distort.

so, there you have it! any questions, contact steve directly-his info is all on his website.

• 2 weeks later...