HybridZ

oldest member

warrenp

Owen definately is the OG....for sure and for certain. It was his idea and his baby! Thanks Owen, for bringing this site into existance.

VAN

It was the "V8 Swapper's Forum" that originally logged into and lurked for quite a time. Those were happy days when the site was in its infancy. There were only a handful of members and I so much enjoyed reading all the informative and hilarious posts that I didn't join right away, go figure. I remember when Pete, Mike, Owen, LoneHDRider, pauli, SCARP, MYRON, and bunch of other guys used to post a lot. Nearly every one of the them has come & gone from the "original" group 'cept Mike, Pete & Owen that I can remember offhand. It was a blast back then and lots of fun--dedicated to Chevy swaps almost exclusively.

Davy

Edit.... dayum... longer than I thought... :D Sep 2000

I must not post as much as many of the "old guys" :)

6 years and only 600 and something posts?!? Eh, that's why you didn't come up in my mind :mrgreen:;)

At least you are active and your account has not lapsed into oblivion. Way to hang in there on the site.

Davy

I've been around here a while, but since I haven't had a Z since '03 (when I sold it for a much better cause, my son) I don't post a ton. I plan to have another Z sometime soon, just being careful about the $$$ output.....you know how it goes, one mod leads to 5 others......:nono:

• Like 1

This is the first forum I signed into, and it took me a lot of months of lurking to do it. Still about the only place I post. (Might have signed up sooner had I known it could have earned bragging rights).:D

I miss Lone's contributions--- he was mechanically creative and had a nice writing style. Too bad his world fell apart.

<>

• Like 1

I was one of the original group that first started with Owen, then we started HybridZ.

We all lurked on Autoforums.com in the late 90's until it was full of idiots, and we switched to a new forum at the time Zcar.com. Then it became the same as Autoforums, and Owen started V8Zswap on a free site. We out grew that and Super Dan started HybridZ!!

• Like 1

I've been here since Feb 2000 and remember the old forum. I'm not a 1000+ poster, I read much more than I post and have found this to be the best forum on the web. No BS no drama.

Originally I wanted to build a kit Cobra but didn't have the funds. I wound up with a 280 rust bucket which I began to work on then pitched it aside for my 73 240 (still under construction). Back in 2004 I bought a finished Factory Five Cobra it was fun but I found out that I really dont love convertibles. So it was sold and I picked up the original Scarb. So now I have two V-8 cars and will be here for some years to come.

Hats off to our founders and all the knowledgeable, helpful members that has ever been posted here!!!!:icon14:

I'm not a 1000+ poster, I read much more than I post and have found this to be the best forum on the web.

Reading and researching is better than posting: you'll actually get something done on the car! Hence my post count... :ugg:

I was one of the original group that first started with Owen' date=' then we started HybridZ.

We all lurked on Autoforums.com in the late 90's until it was full of idiots, and we switched to a new forum at the time Zcar.com. Then it became the same as Autoforums, and Owen started V8Zswap on a free site. We out grew that and Super Dan started HybridZ!![/quote']

Mike, I remember when you and JuJu used to post---I was intrigued by your website and the information on it. I just forgot to include you in my post above :icon45:

Davy

My Brother and I have been reading since 2000,We were @ zdriver.com and got directed this way.We decided to join when the Z got major upgrades.

I was looking into doing a sbc swap back then,After reading my plans changed not much but,I wanted sbc then rb26 or ls1 and ended up doing the ls2.

Great Site!!!

Reading and researching is better than posting: you'll actually get something done on the car! Hence my post count... :ugg:

Davy

Get what done haha, if memory serves me correctly didn't you have a car painted then sold?

Stinks I haven't touched my project Z since May of 05 :( but I've got goodies gathering for her. Need to pull the engine after I finish up the suspension build on the Scarab then get "serious" about the HybridZ again. Dreams of a 383 stroker, Holley EFI, Nitrous, wheels, flairs, paint, Sparco's......

Lurked starting in early 2000 and join later that year.

I do a lot or reading and searching, but very little posting.

I acquired Scottie GNZ's rear end parts [yes his R200 3.36:1 CV disc brake parts will see the light of day soon] when he swapped to the Vette parts prior to going to the RX7 so I've seen quite a few come and go.

The first troll/flamer to be banned that I remember from 2000-2001 was "Goatman". Positive contributors that I haven't seen in a while are Andy from Michigan who was into boats and IdahoZ who I believe had some good ideas regarding handling and suspension, but also had some very strong opinions regarding engine setback location [so much so he was either banned or frustrated]

Seem to have a good bunch of info contributors who I believe wouldn’t be here without the Admin’s keeping the site focused. Thanks Admin’s!

Early 1974 260Z; 406 [possibly 415/420]; TH400; 3.36 & 3.90 R-200’s Drag Car with plates. Ready 2008

Lurked starting in early 2000 and join later that year.

I

The first troll/flamer to be banned that I remember from 2000-2001 was "Goatman".

Ahh Ron Stoy alias the "Goat F...." uh.. i mean "Lover" hence the name "Goatman" if i am not mistaken. I think that was the time too where the chat had one of the biggest crowds. :flamedevi Did we not have a guy named Vader too?