HybridZ

HKS and Tial

stony

Hey guys just alittle heads up. If your in the market for a blow off and/or wastegate i just recieved both from ssautochrome and i have confirmed they are of very good quality. Cheftrd turned me onto to them when i was in japan. the 50mm blowoff is exactly the same as the tial 50mm blowoff including all internals. http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1545

This is the one i got

Picture955_a.jpg

the 60mm wastegate is exactly the same as the HKS 60mm GTII external wastegate that retails in at 890+ us. here is the pic of the Wg

1559.jpg

and again this wastegate is exactly the same as the HKS wastegate only difference is the HKS logo is not on it.

DO NOT buy from the web page. go to ebay and find there ebay store. I got my blowoff for 55 bux and the wastegate for 98 and combined shipping fro 30 bux.

Im not trying to push SSautochrome or these 2 products just thought some of you might be interested in saving a buck or 2.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't buy their turbos...

240hoke and others are using their intercoolers (how do you break one of those anyway?)...

Anyhting that seems really simple like that nshould be OK... I would not buy the SSQV BOV from them. The real thing isn't much more.

The turbo manfolds that are 321 stainless look decent. I'd still reinforce the turbo mounting on most of them though. they have about 4-5 different SR20 manifold choices for under $350!!!

Any idea on the quality of the rest of there products???

They get a pretty regular bashing on the honda sites. Go to honda tech and search for ss autochrome. Biggest complaint is from their "disposable" turbo's and cracked tubular manifolds. Some of their stuff seems a very good bang for the buck and lots of peeps use it.

HTH

chris

There could be two sides to the coin here.

1: Even though they look the same, the materials could be of a much lesser quality. So despite the fact the have the same appearance, they could break/wear out/fall apart in much less time.

2: The company that builds these could also be a supplier for Tial or HKS and are selling some of these on their own. Chinese manufacturers don't have much of a code of ethics.

Heres a link to their store:

http://stores.ebay.com/SSAutoChrome-Store

Also, I was watching the rb26dett e-mail group and saw this:

"I’ve also been using the HKS GTII knock off 60mm wastegate, 50mm Tial knock off BOV’s, and Tial knock off wastegates. Taken apart and side by side with the real deal, I can’t find any difference other than one having a name on it, and the V-band clamp quality. My assumption is that whoever is making these for SS Auto/XS Power, is also making them for Tial/HKS. To date, they’ve all worked flawlessly.

Matt@motorworx.com"

Interesting post. I take the comments from Honda, Supra, et al boards with a grain of salt as most are parrots or think that anything w/o the brand names cannot be good. Would love to hear from actual users not "I heard about this guy who heard about another guy that....."

I just have a hard time ponying up the crazy coin that companies like Tial, HK$ and Greedy ask for their products.

we are using the SSautochrome top-mount manifold on our SR240z car and previously had the bottom mount manifold when we were making 355whp. At 510whp and lots of abuse time the manifold holds up fine and have never had an issue with their manifolds.

Interesting post. I take the comments from Honda, Supra, et al boards with a grain of salt as most are parrots or think that anything w/o the brand names cannot be good. Would love to hear from actual users not "I heard about this guy who heard about another guy that....."

I just have a hard time ponying up the crazy coin that companies like Tial, HK$ and Greedy ask for their products.

Scottie i agree 100%..... i personally talked to cheftrd in okinawa when i was there. He has compared the 2 side by side taken apart and has also used the 2 parts without issue for a while now. That is the only reason i went out and spent 150 bux on them.

teh turbos are junk though dont touch them. :-D

Wow...even the packaging is identical to TiAL's packaging, right down to how the foam is cut...very eerie!

$55 for a BOV...thats how much I pay for 2-3 Earls fittings...sounds way too good to be true? I would question the longevity and the reliability and when it comes to turbo motors (especially your RB) Russian Roulette is a bad game to play.

Yasin

I bought a dirt cheap HKS BOV knockoff on Ebay just for the flanges as I needed the steel one and a friend needed the aluminum.Plus the O rings and clips were just an added bonus.The 50 I paid for the Ebay unit was less than the 30 and 40 that HKS wanted for the flanges.:)