HybridZ

Banned Users?

Zman0690

Ok, I'm not going to even try to understand why I see certain users get banned. What I really want to know is how a user can be banned but have recent activity under their profile? Does this make sense? I will not list the users name but his last post was in July and his profile says his last activity was 6 days ago. Someone care to enlighten me?

Guest 280ZForce

I see who you are talking about , but I have no idea as well as to how that happened.

But maybe what it was, is that they are allowed to view the site, but are banned from posting and receiving messages.

I know there are different types of bans I believe. A partial ban where you can access the site, just can't post. And permanent ban where they block your IP address and you can't access the site at all. Maybe the case here.

I have no idea who you're talking about nor what he/she did to get banned. I will say this. The admins on HZ own this house and they are giving us privileges to visit here. If you don't want to get banned NEVER back-talk one. Think about it. If someone you don't even know came to your house and argued with you... wouldn't you kick them out? I'm defending no one here. It's just the way things work.

That said... I've made my share of mistakes. And I'm still here.

Actually Mike (on3go) may have logged on as another user or using someone elses call name, password and different IP address. I saw that last night. Let's be clear on this, we can ban IP addresses and those include anyone who helps banned users get or have access to this site!

DOC... Thanks for the clarification. Who would be dumb enough to loan their User Name and Password to anyone, especially to a banned User? Don't answer that. I don't really want to know:wink:

It's all a blur one day everything was great then next day after PINKS there are banned users. Damn what happened. I always thought of ON3GO as a active and contributing member on the site, but I only knew him online.

I am sure something happened as zeritech-z said that definately warrants a ban.

Yes everyone is correct on the user, and yes the reason I was asking was from some threads I was reading that he contributed to. I then went looking for other threads through his profile and noticed, according to the site that he had recent activity ( within days ) and thought that was very odd. Trust me I don't know nor do I care to know why he was banned. I've decided that this question was about the limit of what I should be asking and I HOPE I never get banned from this site, It would be like loosing a few million brain cells!! Thanks for all the responses I'll go back to my dark place and continue to lurk.

It's all a blur one day everything was great then next day after PINKS there are banned users. Damn what happened. I always thought of ON3GO as a active and contributing member on the site, but I only knew him online.

I am sure something happened as zeritech-z said that definately warrants a ban.

It didn't unfold like that at all... Pinks was done and over for going on three months when Mike was banned. He was the last of the group banned permanently. Two from that group were banned for the fraudulent raffel they tried to perpitrate. Mike was banned for his conduct in getting the Pinks car back to its owner, and for the parts he stole from the car AFTER it was sold, along with his conduct towards those on the admin staff who were trying to do the right thing and sort out the mess caused by himself and the other two individuals who were banned. Trust me on this one; I don't care who you are or how long you've been a member of the site. Help a banned member get access to the site and you WILL be banned for life. It's that simple. We are not screwing around on this one.

Here's the deal on the whole "who gets banned and who doesn't get banned" thing... You guys have all been to enough sites to know that we are much different than any other site out there. We have a GREAT group of admins who generally use very sound judgement on their actions. All oif our admin staff are senrior members who are in their late 20s to late 50s. All are professional people in their careers, business owners, and most have degrees and advanced degrees. We act as a group and rarely disagree or dispute things. We also converse and ask advice from the group as a whole if an issue doesn't seem cut and dried. There are a number of users who HAVE been banned and then HAVE been unbanned because a discussion arose in the admin forum and the consensus was to let the user back into the site after an agreed to time.

We're all human and once in a while we do get it wrong. Sometimes we have a bad day, just like you guys. The difference is that there are about 12 of us to watch this site and the amount of traffic that flows thru it. We have a fair number of users and it is sometimes WORK to deal with issues that come up.

Here's something else to beware of... We have a watch notice. It has users on it who have caused us grief in the past and are pretty much assured to cause us grief in the future. Some of you have been contacted and advised of your name being on this list... That's because we thought it was worth mentioning and that you were worth steering in the right direction. Others never get that helpful advise, because it's pretty obvious from their conduct that they aren't worth the effort. We give them enough rope to hang themselves before banning them... We have rules, and we expect them to be followed. We also expect our admin staff to be treated well regardless the end of the stick you find yourself at. Without the admin staff, this place would be just like any other website, and would be a place none of you would want to remain at for long.

Hope this clears a few things up...

Mike Kelly

• Like 1

I appreciate the response and the fowardness about the situation.

I felt out of place for asking that question but I also feel better now knowing the circumstances and the rumors getting put to bed.

I have to agree that this is the most structured professional board I have been a member on, thank you for that!

Guest Crispy Chicken
I The admins on HZ own this house and they are giving us privileges to visit here.

Actually if it weren't for "us" the "members," there wouldn't be a Hybridz. The less members the less information/knowledge and fun/entertainment. Less interest equals less members which equals no Hybridz at all, or what we know of it. At the same time. There has to be reasonable structured rules to abide by to conform a functional forum which we can all use. Which the admin-members do a good job. :-D

Here-here!! :cheers:

...there has to be reasonable structured rules to abide by to conform a functional forum which we can all use. Which the admin-members do a good job. :-D

Actually if it weren't for "us" the "members," there wouldn't be a Hybridz. The less members the less information/knowledge and fun/entertainment. Less interest equals less members which equals no Hybridz at all, or what we know of it. At the same time. There has to be reasonable structured rules to abide by to conform a functional forum which we can all use. Which the admin-members do a good job. :-D

Actually, No. We'd still have it. It's just like having a party at my house every weekend. Not always a big turnout... That's OK by us. You guys don't seem to understand that since this site is funded with private donations, and since a number of the admins have a fair amount of deep pockets, HybridZ will still be here long after people have gone.

We like people being here and using the info we've collected over the last 6 years. We also like them acting within accordance of the rules.

Mike