HybridZ

vg build up, budget project

NorthWestZ31

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what part? It is shorter, unless you can prove otherwise. Also, last I checked L6 stood for the series of engine that it was. L6 being the older single cam straight 6, RB being the newer DOHC or SOHC straight 6. I am not a dick nor am I trying to be because its pointless over the internet but I am seeing if you know something different. peace.

Guest TeamNissan
what part? It is shorter, unless you can prove otherwise. Also, last I checked L6 stood for the series of engine that it was. L6 being the older single cam straight 6, RB being the newer DOHC or SOHC straight 6. I am not a dick nor am I trying to be because its pointless over the internet but I am seeing if you know something different. peace.

Well for starters its not shorter, I dont need to prove it either since its common sense. Two, L6 never stood for ANY datsun or nissan engine. The sohc L series were the l20, l24, l26, l28, l28e, l28et. In nissan engines the number ALWAYS stands for the liters the engine displaces. Three, I would like you to show any datsun 510 that has a L series or rb series motor in it. wether a member here or anywhere. I'm not trying to be a dick either but I think you should do ALOT more reading and research befor you advise people.

Guest TeamNissan

You really must not if you dont even know some of the most basic info there is.... So wheres the L series or rb 510? Where is this nissan L6 your talking about? Wheres the length comp. of the L to rb?

Like I said read, read, read.

Two, L6 never stood for ANY datsun or nissan engine. The sohc L series were the l20, l24, l26, l28, l28e, l28et. In nissan engines the number ALWAYS stands for the liters the engine displaces.

Here on HybridZ they seperate the Nissan I6 forums by splitting it to L6 and RB (click on the "6 Cylinder Z Forums" link and you'll see). I'm sure that's just what he's talking about.

Guest TeamNissan

he stated right there he thought L6 was the series name cook lol. I wouldnt have said anything otherwise..........

so, RB isnt a way of labeling a series of engines, or VG, CA,KA, SR? L is just a generic letter used to distinguish all nissan inline engines? ok, well i learned something new then and I am gonna pass this along to all the other Datsun fans on here.

BTW, all i had to do was SEARCH and I found alot of info even on this site as to how the RB is shorter than the L6. So, that goes to show me that you havent done as much research as you claim and are merely out to call me out for trying to give someone some advice. Granted its not a drop in deal at all for a 510 but it has been done. I dont care anymore to argue with you dude about this crap, continue believing that theyre the same length or longer or whatever.

From what I can tell your first post towards me was just something simple and I guess I wont be putting the letter L next to a six anymore in a thread about RB's because that would be redundant. peace.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/sss510six/albums

thats the dime

when I am not at work I will dig up the stuff I have found about the length of the rb vs. L. peace.

Yes. With significant reworking of the firewall.

Note that with time and/or money, anything is possible. But generally, those types of projects are a waste of both. Usually, there are other options that will net the same results with less of both.