HybridZ

OTM vs. Veritech-Z: Loudmouth_Z vs. Camo Zzzap

OlderThanMe

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

deal me in I am 23... my car is older then me, and my car was low budget when i did it..... >:) but then again look at my 1/4 times >_> BTW I am running on PURE N/A, ♥♥♥♥ power adders... maybe I can see you all in 10 at a shootout... build a GOOD SBC and make monster power all day, my dyno curve is more of a flat line then a Curve >:)

you know one cheap Big power set up i love is the 383.........local auto parts place sells complete stroker long block for about $1800 plus core

..... SBC with a 350block + 400Crank = Winner IMO

OTM and I kinda figured that a little friendly rivalry would help us get things done a little quicker...I suppose at some point we'll need to hammer out the details, the location and so forth. Maybe we'll make a digital paper plate award that we can edit into our signatures...

Winner gets bragging rights + Pics w/ loosing car in humilitaing pose.....

If we're talking 2010 can I toss in the ported, polished, MSnS'd and nitroused 2Fast2Festy v2.0?

Hell, if we're talking 2010 maybe my Fairlady will be on the road (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH yeah... yeah.. thats gonna happen..). Engine? If god loves me an RB of some designation or another. If not, some form of boosted something-or-other. Maybe a TT SHO motor? har har, I love getting ahead of myself. The reality will likely be a poorly running, stuttering, almost blown, underboosted, under budgeted L28ET.. But my paint will be stunning!

Humping the tail pipe? :mrgreen:

It'd be cool to see how a stroker stacks up against smaller cube turbos!

How much boost? lol how much RWH we talking??? I am stopping/stoped at 550 horse.... anything beoynd that and its pointless IMO... and that point its all Epeen bragging rights with the amough of weight our cars have.... b/c then again you are all using drag cars... mine will be Auto-X when its done....

How much boost? lol how much RWH we talking??? I am stopping/stoped at 550 horse.... anything beoynd that and its pointless IMO... and that point its all Epeen bragging rights with the amough of weight our cars have.... b/c then again you are all using drag cars... mine will be Auto-X when its done....

I think ~500 HP is a reasonable limit. Much more than that and you're pushing the street-ability of the car (oversimplified, I know. Don't flame me for it:flamedevi)

As far as boost goes, I don't think I'll be running more than 10lbs but who knows.

I'll side with OTM, if that's alright with him. I've got family in Georgia, afterall!

:-D

That's a weird "Tron" pic there Max...lol

By 2010 I may only have a junkyard longblock in the car with my turbo system but the built block will be on the stand being built...

I guess I'll have to keep the power around 400 with the 302 block. *don't want to split the block in half or throw a rod..*

Eventually wolf is in the plans...I just have to get all the funds together.

It just takes soo much $$$$ to have an all forged V8...With a L6 all you need is pistons and then you are all forged. not so with the crappy cast american internals...

Lots of guys I have seen run a stupid high CR on their turbo V8s for some reason. Most L6 guys stop around 8.5:1 but there are V8s running 9.5:1 and decently high boost?!?! what's with that!?

• 3 months later...

Alright OTM, I see that you're getting pretty smug about all this "progress" you've been making lately. Well, I'm here to say that while you've been putting high compression NA L26's together, I've been slowly, quietly, yet steadily gathering up stuff to give my L28 the blaze of glory it so richly deserves....OBSERVE!

turbostuff.jpg

I haven't decided which intercooler I want to use to display my car's alpha status over yours, but whichever it is, I've determined that there needs to be an L-series last hurrah sometime before 2010, sort of a pre-smackdown smackup if you will. I can go to my local drag strip once all this crap is under my hood instead of in my closet, you can do the same, and we can compare times. If you do it in Pensacola we shouldn't have too much of an altitude discrepancy...

Let the smack talk resume.

I'll have my car back running by the end of the week...and I think you are going to blow out a head gasket with all that turbo mumbo jumbo..

Your car will probably pop something trying to run this thing called boost who needs that anyway I'll just twist mine up past 7k like it begs for where most EFI Zs fall flat on their face at 5500.

To be fair I have a better electramotive suspension (that is what the PO said)while you have big(er) motor... :-P

I do have slightly nicked pistons though so my motor could pop...