HybridZ

Getting my New Girl into Her S130? a game of sorts...

240ZR

Well i have a new girl for the time being, been talking to her for what seems like ages now.... shes pretty smart and very interested in MY Z... i want to get her into HER Z, and prove to her an l28 is a potent set up, so what i need are cheap, easy things she can do to her car to. A) keep up on mantiance. B) keep it safe. C) show her a l28 can make as bad ass of a Z as my SBC....

Rules: Nothing Crazy. No dropping trannies no adding turbos.. no noz... nothing crazy...

Parts:need to be cheap, and user friendly, eg, no megasquirt, she can steal any parts from my 72 240z she wants that where removed in the SBC, LSD, Disc, and coilover conversions. Be creative....

Guest 280ZForce

you could do some basic upgrades...intake, header, exhaust and tb. if you want to handle better, some aftermarket sway bars, strut bars and spring/strut combo will make it night vs day difference.

- you ever get those side window louvers installed I sold ya? Would love to see pics of them, I'm sure they look badass!

Personally I didn't really notice any performance from an exhaust on a NA motor when I had the L28. I did notice a huge difference with new struts, lowering coils, and bigger sway bars! It really made the car a lot more fun to drive. I woud do suspension and just get very reliable.

Guy

Yeah, the no turbo, no high dollar parts thing kind of takes all the wind out of the L28 sail...NA costs money...I suppose the rest does as well, but you could surely cobble together a junkyard turbo system for a fraction of the cost it would take to do the same thing with NA. Just keep the boost down.

Umm... maybe you should re-think your thinking, dude. What if she REALLY likes the Z speed add-ons? You'll be spending all your time and $$$ on HER ride instead of yours, LOL!!!

thats fine I am done with mine... worst case... I pull her magic and fast l28 and stuff it in my 71 parts/donor car :flamedevi....

The reason i don't want to do like turbos or anything for her yet... is I am making her do all the work... after all you reap what you sow... I just want her to understand how much work and effort go into each and every hybridz... and hopefully get her doing things like changing her own oil, changing her own pads, and what not instead coming to her brother on me for help with the simplest things..... also helps me from buying a flux capacitor for my car from the mechanic.... or maybe some blinker fluid... XD anyways I dont have the pateints to make another s30z monster car anytime soon, my heart has been stolen by Lancia.... and my next car will be a Lancia.....a Lancia Stratos, has walked into my life for a mere pittance....ok now... John... I NEED GO FAST BITS!! NOW!!!:burnout:

Going to be a 5 years Restroration, car was wrecked and torched but I am so in love with the car I am going to restore it from the frame up... Important thing is the Engine is OK!!! and so is the Gear Box! Be a nice place to sink my money when I get back.:mrgreen:

you could do some basic upgrades...intake, header, exhaust and tb.

This may not make the car ALOT faster (especially without tuning), but it will make it FEEL faster. More intake noise, more exhaust noise, stepping on the gas more to hear the noise.

It made a big difference when I put air filter and slip-on on my VFR, With my Z I went directly to L28 and turbo.

Where in the heck did you find a Lancia stratos for cheap? And just how cheap is cheap, anyway? last few I saw for sale were upwards of $100k...I did find a Lancia Delta on ebay in Japan for $4k US, I was hoping Corzette would buy it for me and let me wash dishes or shine his boots or something until I paid him back, but that didn't work out...

Its just a project car, for now, its going to be a show car/fun car, for sure I'd let you drive it.... if you did some work on it V, Its going to be restored to be group 4 car, the basic story of how I am getting is, ESTATE AUCTION!!! BO YA~!! They didnt know what to do with it... it must of sat in the guys Garage for a few years in its current state, Im'ma photoblog the restoration when i start it... (did i forget to mention its a replica, with a SBC in it and a Porsche 6 speed?) :burnout:

You going to do the whole Rally pod on the hood like the Martini cars, or are you going a different route? I suppose once you take the Ferrari Dino engine out of the back, most of the intrinsic value is gone, and seeing as yours has an SBC (and probably more power anyway), that sounds like a pretty sweet deal. You mind revealing how much you're actually getting it for? If no, that's cool too, I was just curious.

• 2 weeks later...

first thing ya do is put a coil on it, then the intake, header, exhaust. when she gets tired of working on it, or wants to go faster, upgrade the cam. if you get a 82 with the p79, get it decked, or put a n47 (for the time being) to raise the cr when the intake is off for the header job. other than that it gonna cost big dolla figures. the big tb is last, cant really do much with that untill the cr is up and cam is in.