HybridZ

What's everyones occupation here at HybridZ!?

Guest caseyjones

I was a sonar tech on trident subs in the navy

14 yrs of being a cable guy I am the design engineer and also the headend engineer. (Yes I control your high speed cable connection and traffic shaping plus video!)

Founder, half owner, designer and splicer for a dark fiber network I started 3yrs. ago.

Half owner of a company that wires networks for home and some commercial.

Busy as hell, father of 3, husband of 1 so I live vicariously though you guys until I can turbo charge my almost mint 83 280zx.

Retired AF officer currently nearing the end of a teaching career. I bought my 240Z off the showroom floor in 1971 for $4,335 - paid a premium over sticker to get to the top of the nine month waiting list. At the time, I was making $6,639 a year as a 2nd Lt in the USAF. Still have the Z and started a restoration in April after it sat in storage for over 15 years.

Retired AF officer currently nearing the end of a teaching career. I bought my 240Z off the showroom floor in 1971 for $4,335 - paid a premium over sticker to get to the top of the nine month waiting list. At the time, I was making $6,639 a year as a 2nd Lt in the USAF. Still have the Z and started a restoration in April after it sat in storage for over 15 years.
ahhhhh! pics? please! this is a Z story i'm sure everyone will want to be keeped up to date on.

heheh, my father came down to see my rickety old pile of scrap metal (the z in my garage), and he was like :o "this was the car i wanted to buy but it was too much!"

so he got a fiat spyder 850 instead.

HA, I gotses what he wantses!

• 2 years later...

I am now a Concept Artist designing video games for Zipper Interactive Games (Sony)

I have done some other things in my life…

Art school

Salvage diver

Police Academy

Royal Canadian Mountie (They tend to eat their young - I was spit out.)

Store detective for Safeway (I was too big and I was burned all the time)

Back to school

Graphic Designer (Getting warmer - hard to break-in)

Technical Illustrator (I was good at it and liked it but I was laid-off and couldn't find work)

Security Guard (Just to bridge the gap)

Sheriff Academy

British Columbia Deputy Sheriff (You automatically become a Marshall of the Admiralty once you get this job - British holdover I guess.)

Document server (Moonlighting)

License plate seizure (Legit Moonlighting for the same boss as the Sheriffs. At 4am people used to tell their dogs to shut-up for barking at me)

Animation school (I was loosing brain cells in the Sheriffs and getting in trouble for drawing in court)

Background, Prop Designer for an Animation Studio

Storyboard Artist (9-11 happened = no work for animation studios = lay-off)

Computer Animation School

Modeler for video games

Concept artist.

Outsourcing manager (US and East Indian firms for Electronic arts)

Concept artist again (major win!)

As you can see I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life…

Edited by Icehound

So...you are a Drug Kingpin

Someone is paying attention, LOL!

It was meant as a joke, I am suprised someone caught on so soon.

Actually, I am a stay at home Dad. Mr. Mom, house husband, call it what you will, I am very proud of what I do for my family. Sure we are a bit poorer, but what we save in daycare, health issues from other students, poor evironment at public school, and so on makes it all worth it. The kids are home schooled via online as well. They are doing great.

It still puzzles me when some peoples reaction is "that sounds easy, I wish I could do that". Or they seem to look down on me. My wife had the better job at the time when we decided to do things this way. We do not regret it one bit.

Sounds easy to you? Take a step or two back and really look at it. It is not so "easy".

Anyway, sorry to hijack this thread.

Thanks for reading,

Jason

I am "technically" a Basement cullet handler at Gallo Glass company. Yes the same company that makes all of the Gallo wine bottles that you are drinking from, and MANY of the other wines that you drink as well. It's a glorifed job title for someone that drives a forklift beneathe a bunch of glass modling machines and dumps big bins of molten glass to be recycled for more glass. It's not a glamerous job but it pays the bills and enables me to pay for school to study administration of justice so I can one day work in the juvinile justice system.

I worked in a radio station as a small personality and recording spots for companies.Was a working musician/guitarist then worked in recording.Went into automotive as a detailer at a body shop.Then worked into being a painters helper.Got a full time spot painting and doing body work.Now as a full time career I Am a paintless dent repair tech.I chase hail storms and come to towns hammered with hail damage and contract work through setting up retail shops and working with body shops to handle your cars pounded with hail dents!Wow...i have a strange work history!