HybridZ

What's everyones occupation here at HybridZ!?

Guest caseyjones

Guest caseyjones

I'm fairly new to HybridZ and have been thoroughly enjoying the site. I was just wondering what everyone else here is doing to make money for their Z-addictions. I'm a Police Officer in Kansas City Missouri and I absolutely love what I do! What does everyone else do for a living!? Do you like what you do? I Look forward to hearing from everyone!

• Like 1

Well, I'm finishing school so in about a month, so I can call myself a certified General Machinest. It's been almost 4 years and it feels like about 10... I don't particularly like the shop I work in sometimes, but I love the trade.. and it comes in handy to know how to build things since I'm a car nut too! :lol:

Well, I have been...

Bodyman/Bodyshop owner,Engine/Driveline tech,Production supervisor of Manufacturing,Welder,Auto glass installer,Salvage parts salesman,Auto paint slaesman,Retail parts salesman,Used car salesman,Truck driver,Small engine mech.,Wrecker driver,Junkyard dog, but I am currently a Logistics Supervisor for a national Home Health care company who is out on Worker's comp due to a back injury while delivering equipment to a patients home on a day when one of my drivers got hurt in a wreck and I had to try to fill in..... Been injured since July "06. May never go back DRs say. So who knows what I'll be doing next???

• Like 1

I have worked for Baker Hughes, which is a Oil Service company, out of Houston for over 10 years now, more if you count the apprenticeship years before i started full time. I was 17 i think when I started that, and I just turned 31! Sheesh.

Started out at Baker Oil Tools in Broken Arrow, OK (they produce saftey systems at that facility, mostly for large production, high pressure wells / systems there)

School / Machinist apprentice

School / Machinist

School / Admin - Company switched to SAP software which got be a starting possition in the office.

School / Customer Service

School / Planning / Scheduling

Graduated in 2003 after 9, yes 9 years of night school!

Got into some Knowledge Management Development before I left there.

Currently based in Claremore for Centrilift, same comany different division.(We produce downhole and above ground pumping systems for lower pressure wells / systems). Right now I am working on Global implementation of SAP for the Centrilift Division. SAP is basically an enterprise software that large companies use to run all aspects of their business on. With my manufacturing back ground, I primarily have been focusing on production and inventory process activites. The USA and Canada are done, I'm working in Dubai for the Middle East Implementation, there is another team in Aberdeen working on the UK Implementation and we will continue around the globe till we are done sometime in 2008.

At home I do almost all my own work, for two reasons, I'm cheap and I enjoy it :)

EDIT : OK, looking at my responce compared to some of the others I'm wondering...I talk too much, AND / OR I just really like what I'm doing!

I own my own car stereo company 1 employee (me) on the side as well as part time F/G molder ( makes building boxes a snap). but the job that pays the bills is my service(HVAC&R) tech for the school board. used to be a Aviation electricians mate (AE2) for Helios in jax, FL. Currently doing molds of a 71 240z for reproduction.IE another side job....

self employed-financial advisor/planner in rochester, ny. franchise my business through ameriprise financial services, inc. licensed in most states along the east coast-seems like i add another each year as clients retire and move south. i think s. carolina is next on my list. finished my CFP designation [certified financial planner] 4 years ago. been in business about 11 years now, nice being self employed-gives me time to play/work with my z! was in the usmc prior-kc130 driver.