HybridZ

My Project: 800HP (Crank) RB26DETT 1998 240SX

underground

Hey Guys,

I am (with the help of several sponsors) agressively working to finish the car in time for the NOPI 2007 Tour.

As it has been since 2004, the car will once again be featured in the BF Goodrich Tires Booth at select locations nationwide.

Edit 5/22/07- I will be updating the thread over the next 2-3 weeks while we finish up the car.

Here is the current mod list, and the latest pictures/videos will be posted soon.

1998 RB26DETT 240SX

Weight: 2950 lb. (w/o driver)

Redline: 9000 RPM

Motor: R33 RB26DETT w/ RB25DET Transmission

Clutch: Exedy Triple Disc

Cams: Tomei Poncams 260/260 Duration 9.15 Lift w/ Adjustable Cam Gears, Ferrea Springs, Retainers, Locks, and Locators

Pistons: JE 86.5 w/ Hi Performance Upgraded Rings, coated by Calico Coatings

Turbo Setup: Garrett GT4088R (.95 A/R) with Greddy T4 Divided Manifold

Wastegate: Tial 60mm

Intake: Custom

LSD: Cusco RS 1.5 way LSD

Rods: Eagle Rods w/ ARP Rod Bolts

Injectors: Precision 1000cc x6, Greddy 11.0 mm fuel rail

Oil Pump: Tomei

Water Pump: Nismo

Timing Belt: Greddy

Headgasket: Tomei 1.2mm

Headstuds: ARP

Oil Return Head Mod: Desynz Motorsports (Australia)

Main Studs: ARP

Bearings: Calico

Damper: ATI Super Damper (600-1000 HP Model)

Downpipe: Custom

Mount Kit: McKinney Motor and Transmission Mounts, Custom Driveshaft

Strut Bar: Cusco 40D 40mm Aluminum Strut Bar

Gauges: Autometer Cobalt Series (Boost, Water Temp, Oil Pressure, EGT, Trans Temp, Air/Fuel, 5" Tachometer)

Exhaust: Apexi Ex Mag 3.75" Exhaust

Oil Cooler: Setrab 925 w/Mocal Thermostatic Sandwich Adapter, -10 AN Hose

Cooling fans: Permacool (2) 12" High Perf. Electric Pull Fans, 3000 CFM

Intercooler: XS Engineering 24x12x3 core with 3â€Â piping

Blow off Valve: Apexi Racing Max Power

Fuel system: Aeromotive FPR, Walbro 255/lph Intank Fuel Pumps x2, -8 feed line, -6 return line

Engine Management: AEM with 5 Bar Map Sensor and AEM Uego Wideband

Boost Control: Apexi AVC-R

Suspension: Apexi N1 V-Spec Drag Coilovers, Battle Version Rear Upper Control Arms, Rear Toe Links, Rear Traction Links, Front Tension Rods

Axles: Mazworx Drag Axles

Brakes: Underground 300ZX Calipers/ Supra TT Rotors Brake Upgrade (Front)

Stillen Supra TT Rotors (Front), Stillen 300ZX TT Rotors (Rear)

Stillen 300ZX Racing Brake Pads (Front and Rear)

PDM Racing Conversion Brake Lines (Front and Rear)

Wheels: Motegi Prototypes 18x9 (3" lip) , 18x10 (3.5"lip) Gunmetal w/polished lip

Tires: BF Goodrich (Front) 225-40-18 KD, (Rear) 285-30-18 KD

Paint: House of Kolor PBC-36 TruBlue Pearl

Aero Kit: Cwings Carbon Fiber Body, OEM S15 Headlights/ Inner Cirlce S15 Front End Conversion

All Images Taken in 2004 Before The New Setup:

NOPI%20001.jpg

NOPI%20032.jpg

NOPI%20023.jpg

NOPI%20024.jpg

umsportsrb26240sx3.jpg

hcimag0105240sx.jpg

hcimag0105240sx2.jpg

hci0105cover.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice car. I love the front end. I'm not a fan of the blue paint, I think grey would look more subtle with all of the carbon fiber.

Justin

The entire car has been painted House of Kolor PBC-36 TruBlue Pearl, since those photos were taken..

Like I said, those photos were taken in 2004, and the car has undergone a complete transformation.

From what I understand, if you are going for 800+ hp you will need to change to a larger map sensor. The apex twins in stock form are only good to about mid twenties in boost. If you upgrade to one single 3.5 bar you can boost higher without hitting the ceiling of your map sensor voltage.

And I assume you mean 2860RS's, not ``2860R5's''.. or do you just see the pen and the chequebook? ;)

Dave

No, It's the Garrett 2860R-5.....(Direct Bolt-on, with no modification required. Has EXTREMELY similiar specs to the HKS 2530, and is probably the new trend for GTR Turbo Upgrades for the guys that want to stay twin)

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT28/GT2860R_707160_5.htm

The 2860RS is commonly known as the Disco Potato Turbo, and is a different turbo.

P.S.- No, I'm far from just the guy that writes the checks (although I do own the car, and yes I do right many check for PARTS, ha!), and i have HUNDREDS of hours wrenching on this car over the past four years.

nice. do u have pics of it updated thou?

I just got the Candy Apple Red Powdercoated Valve Covers, and Chrome Powdercoated Intake Manifold and OEM TT Piping back.

I took some pictures last night, but I'll post them here in abit.

The motor is currently at the machine shop, and the chassis is on the lift right now.

It's going to be 3-4 weeks before I'm going to have updated images that I want to post, as I know they'll be redistributed on other websites.

Absolutely absolutely stunning...I cannot imagine the time and $$$ that have been invested.

Yasin

In regards to the $$$ invested, I have been fortunate to have lots of sponsored parts being given.

Therefore most of the cost of building the car has been in labor/fabrication, that I could not do.

Thanks for the compliments guys, it's good to know our vision is appreciated.

Got the Candy Apple Red Valve Covers back from Powder Xpress (with NUR Spec Plate from RB Motoring) last night, will have the Chrome Powdercoated Intake Manifold and OEM TT Piping back early part of next week.

They did an amazing job on the Candy Powder Coat. They have a blazing fast 72 hour turn around time, and you simply mail them your pieces to be done.

Cost me $150ish, and was well worth the money. http://www.powderxpress.com/

Here are the pictures taken with my crappy cheap digital camera. I'll get some better images for you guys that may be interested in using Powder Express.

Candy is hard to shoot with my cheap camera, as the gloss comes across blurry. They are absolutely stunning, and will really wake my bland engine bay up.

Especially, as the Black Paint was peeling off my Valve Covers and Intake Manifold.

valvecover1.jpg

valvecover2.jpg

valvecover3.jpg

valvecover4.jpg

No, It's the Garrett 2860R-5.....(Direct Bolt-on, with no modification required. Has EXTREMELY similiar specs to the HKS 2530, and is probably the new trend for GTR Turbo Upgrades for the guys that want to stay twin)

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT28/GT2860R_707160_5.htm

The 2860RS is commonly known as the Disco Potato Turbo, and is a different turbo.

P.S.- No, I'm far from just the guy that writes the checks (although I do own the car, and yes I do right many check for PARTS, ha!), and i have HUNDREDS of hours wrenching on this car over the past four years.

I am appropriately humbled. :D I haven't heard of that referred to as a GT2860R5, though it makes sense to distinguish it from the 707160-7. :)

Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Andy at Southern Imports in Murfreesboro, Tennessee (USA) (Mechanic on Project 240SX) installed the Mazworx Axles w/Hubs (http://www.mazworx.com) and SPL Pro Aluminum Subframe Fushings. (http://www.splparts.com)

axleweb1.jpg

SPLSubframeBushings.jpg

A little brake cleaner and some black spray paint really improved the look of the spindles.

As you probably notice, the threads on the hubs are extended for use with aftermarket drag wheels.

RB26Buildup028.jpg

RB26Buildup029.jpg

RB26Buildup030.jpg

RB26Buildup031.jpg

RB26Buildup032.jpg

RB26Buildup033.jpg

RB26Buildup034.jpg

RB26Buildup035.jpg