HybridZ

280ZX bumperless w/ MSA air dam

defrag010

Hrmmm.. My first thought upon seeing the first bumperless ZX picture was, "Hey, the stock 280Z chrome bumpers would fill that slot BEAUTIFULLY!!"

I realize that they are big and heavy, BUT in my head that would look a LOT better, and more like an original 240Z w/ air dam, if it had a nice, fairly plain chrmoe bumper in the middle of it... it would take some doing, I am sure, to make it ride close enough to the body (as opposed to jutting out like a pier, and needing all those unsourcable black rubber components to "fill" in the space)

Plus, a bumper is just safe.. of course, it took a ticket to make me put my bumpers back on my 280, but hey.. :-D

I suppose you could try an even earlier bumper, but they were skinnier and might look a little funny.

Hrmmm.. My first thought upon seeing the first bumperless ZX picture was, "Hey, the stock 280Z chrome bumpers would fill that slot BEAUTIFULLY!!"

I realize that they are big and heavy, BUT in my head that would look a LOT better, and more like an original 240Z w/ air dam, if it had a nice, fairly plain chrmoe bumper in the middle of it... it would take some doing, I am sure, to make it ride close enough to the body (as opposed to jutting out like a pier, and needing all those unsourcable black rubber components to "fill" in the space)

Plus, a bumper is just safe.. of course, it took a ticket to make me put my bumpers back on my 280, but hey.. :-D

I suppose you could try an even earlier bumper, but they were skinnier and might look a little funny.

U got a ticket for not having ur bumper on? wtf its an old car they dont save your ass or car for anything over 10mph so me i say its worth it... know what i mean....

U got a ticket for not having ur bumper on? wtf its an old car they dont save your ass or car for anything over 10mph so me i say its worth it... know what i mean....

*holds*head*in*hands*

I didnt just get a ticket.

I went to JAIL for 24 hours over that. I had two driving with suspended license charges the year before.. susp. lic. because of no insurance, yah yah I know.. but anyhow, two offenses, A and B, two court dates.

I went to court date A-1, didnt have insurance yet, or tag or license.. they said "get all this stuff and come back on court date A-2 and the charges get dropped." I got all that taken care of in time for court date B. Charge B gets dropped. I tell them, "I have charge A here.. do I have to go back to court date A-2?" they said no.

seven months later, cop catches my lack of a bumper out of the corner of his eye, pulls into the turn lane and waits for traffic to turn left to make a U-turn to get behind me, pull me over.. by the time he actually pulled me, word came over the radio that I had a warrant for failure to appear..

He pulled me over and I was in handcuffs within two minutes.

I was on my way to my work christmas party, too.

*holds*head*in*hands*

I didnt just get a ticket.

I went to JAIL for 24 hours over that. I had two driving with suspended license charges the year before.. susp. lic. because of no insurance, yah yah I know.. but anyhow, two offenses, A and B, two court dates.

I went to court date A-1, didnt have insurance yet, or tag or license.. they said "get all this stuff and come back on court date A-2 and the charges get dropped." I got all that taken care of in time for court date B. Charge B gets dropped. I tell them, "I have charge A here.. do I have to go back to court date A-2?" they said no.

seven months later, cop catches my lack of a bumper out of the corner of his eye, pulls into the turn lane and waits for traffic to turn left to make a U-turn to get behind me, pull me over.. by the time he actually pulled me, word came over the radio that I had a warrant for failure to appear..

He pulled me over and I was in handcuffs within two minutes.

I was on my way to my work christmas party, too.

Dam bro yea the "system" is not as good as people say its supose to be able for the average joe to be able to stand up and make a valient effort to save him self but they just shoot u down....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...