HybridZ

Where to get these or similar bonnet vents?

blue_leaf

What constitutes "confirmed"? All with a $50 non-refundable deposit... if 10 buyers place said down-payment... refundable if not? I'm in!!

Like I said, I don't know. I've never done this before.

Let me make a set or two first, I don't want to collect all this money and then have to return if if the project goes south, etc.

So...give me some time :-)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in for sure. The only sorry I have is the clearance with the air cleaner on my carb setup. Since I am boosted I can not move it at all.....But if it will clear I will be there with money waiting.

Do you have any pix? I could give you measurements of my vents, but you could easily cut them a little and push them outwards towards the fenders if they didn't fit.

I got an angle grinder and the cheapo 10$ ebay vents, they actually dont look to shabby. I needed a solution for the Houston weather during the summer to cool the temps a little. It will be a temporary solution until I can get my hands on a welder, and attempt something equal to Owens car.

Man, what a NICE front air dam. It makes me want to go out and work on my car right now. It gives me a lot of inspiration to see something as nice and unique as your car,Owen. How many years did it take for you to assemble/build it?

I got an angle grinder and the cheapo 10$ ebay vents, they actually dont look to shabby. I needed a solution for the Houston weather during the summer to cool the temps a little. It will be a temporary solution until I can get my hands on a welder, and attempt something equal to Owens car.

Man, what a NICE front air dam. It makes me want to go out and work on my car right now. It gives me a lot of inspiration to see something as nice and unique as your car,Owen. How many years did it take for you to assemble/build it?

Got a picture with the vents installed?

And thanks a lot for you pictures Owen - I was very eager to see the rest of the car in more detail but could hardly find any photos on the net - I am even more amazed with the car now - I am scared to even think the time you spent on everything to get it to the level where its at now - TOP JOB!!! And I am definitely interested in the set of vents as I have told you earlier.

Cheers.

What type of foam did you use and did you removed it? I want to try to make a set when I have a chance, like the one in my sig.

The same kind of foam that florists use, check out a crafts shop in your area. it's the really dense foam, not the one with the large cells. and do a resin test first before you create your project!

and yes i did remove the foam

thanks for the kind words. i guess about 6 years now, off and on, and changing ideas too many times!

the foam for building fiberglass stuff can also be the blue or pink kind from home depot. it works well and can be glued together with white glue, glue gun, epoxy, or resin. as long as its sticky, and it can be shaved with a rasp. then covered with glass. great way to build, just a bit messy, foam floating around the house/neighborhood and all!

• 2 weeks later...
I am serious I will be happy to sport some "Owen " specials on my hood.....

LOL, i NEED to come up with some kinda brand name or something!

Never liked my name...hated my parents for it too! :)

Just an FYI, planning is in progress. This is gonna be much harder than expected for me to make molds.

Would anyone care if I produced parts with the vents blocked off? I mean the openings facing the front of the car...the openings on the vents...to the engine bay.

It's still not firm but I'd hate to make them this way, for myself and for others.

does this mean that you want to reverse the louver openings to be open towards the front of the car? I am not sure. I need to get air in the engine bay, cold direct air from outside. the more that I can "shove" at my carb the better off I will be..........with boost and all........

No, what I mean is for manufacturing processes, if I closed off the vents it would be easier for me. And if I shipped them like that and let the customer cut them, even easier.

I'm not sure this is the best way for me yet either tho. just asking for general opinion.

This type of hood vent won't force air to your carb. The raised lip on the hood creates a negative pressure differential which sucks air OUT of the engine bay. I placed them right behind the radiator and over the headers for that reason.

check out this pic

newbon050912.gif

• 3 weeks later...