HybridZ

??? What Wheels Are These ???

Guest Mike

^^^ True... I'm trying to buy a really nice new motor for the best price possible... I'm NOT a wealthy guy. And now I'm seriously considering a BBC 572, heh, heh. I have a LOT of selling to do to raise the cash though!!

Wow, interesting feedback! (those are my wheels......)

Yes they are cheap (and heavy) but they bolted right on and work fine at holding my even cheaper Canadian Tire rubber,LOL.

I bought them years ago with the plan on keeping them for my street tires and running a second set for the track.

Hopefully by this spring i'll finally have that happen.

^^^ Heh, heh... I lifted a pic from another thread and cropped it to show just one wheel. I didn't know who the car belonged to until now or I would have PM-ed you. Nice looking car, BTW!! I like those wheels.

^^^ That was apparently 280zedx's car. And yes it does look very nice, indeed!!

I'm looking for wheels for an Alpha 1 GTO. Yes, I know I should buy Dayton's Borrani replicas for $2K+ but I can't afford to put that much in wheels alone. I'm buying an IMSA Widebody kit for another project car. And doggone it... Corzette and 240ttv8z are about to release Tomahawk and Saleen S7 kits. I say "doggone it" because I want those too!!

Mike, don't do the wire wheels, those look like garbage, and probably won't hold up to the power of a 572...I heard a story about a guy with a mustang that was on 100-spoke Daytons that spun the hubs right out of them...I think a GTO would look good if you could find some replica GT-40 or Pantera style wheels, like these:

GT-40 wheels:

thumb.wheel.pse.gt40.matte.5lug.1.jpg

Pantera wheels:

panterabefore.jpg

I know you can get reproductions of the gt40 wheels still, but I don't know about the pantera wheels (or what lug pattern either one used for that matter...)

^^^ Yes sir, Professor Wizard!!:mrgreen: ^^^

You can see how the current wheels are a total mismatch regarding size and offset. I like the style though.

BTW, there are already spacers installed... 1.5 inch (front) and 2.5 inch (rear), I think. I hate them. I'll never use spacers thicker than 3/4 inch again and only then if I can't get the offset correct with wheel choice.

gto.jpg