HybridZ

My 302 has no power, Help!

24 oz

Good going on getting it to run better. I guess being 3 teeth off wasn't enough to bend any valves?When do you get to take it for a ride?

Maybe a longer flex hose will work with no splicing?The hardware store should have some type of tubing that would work for a splice though. The '69 and before small blocks used a passenger side inlet water pump which would allow the use of the Chevy style radiator. The timing marks and pointer need to be moved to the drivers side to use the early water pump though. That's what I did on mine and found some nice preformed radiator hoses which fit good. I'll look up the hose numbers if anybody wants them.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just love how Chevy peeps will come in and trash Ford or vice versa and simply WASTE SPACE. Post someting useful ppl.

RE: the cam....

The firing order is different; meaning the valves move in a different order, but the bottom end rotates the same way between the two types. Therefore, you simply need to adjust the spark to match the valve timing and it will run fine. HOWEVER, you DON'T want to mix a cam design roller/solid with the opposite lifter config. The ramp rates on the cam are wrong and it can cause damage. The worst is using a roller cam with solid lifters.

Backfiring can be several things including incorrectly set lifters, distributor off a tooth or firing order wrong.