HybridZ

Big Throttle bodies.. WHY?!?!?!?

BRAAP

I can give an example: partial throttle high speed cruise on drop- throttle with 19" Vacuum under the throttle plate, but 8psi (even for a second)---your compressor stage discharge temperature will quickly spike from the. 5:1+ compression ratio across the stage. Without the modern bypass valves it becomes easy to understand why "wet" blowers have explosions...your outlet temp spikes to 500F+!!!

this is universally most of these kits use bypasses on long term kits...the decrease in parasitic losses is great..but the avoidance of that potential ignition source makes for far less litigation! LOL

I'm really impressed with the eaton based magnuson blower I have. I've used it on two different builds with great success. Most of the kits are (dry flow) direct injection and seem to work very well on GenIII & GenIV chevy engines . The 90mm & 92mm TBs are common place, even the 100mm are being used. Another supercharger kit KENNYBELL sells for mustangs utilizes a dual 70mm TB although I am not sure if the TB valves operate in sync. Certainly good tuning is part of the success of these setups. OOoo LOL Lag is not part of any discussion I have read or experienced myself!! Happy Holidays

• 4 months later...

Im no expert in fluid dynamics,however, id like to point out something that might be overlooked. Pressure variants and how air changes density and flow caractoristics when compressed and expanded at multiple stages until final compression in chamber. I assume that as a fluid all parts of the system effect any and all parts form initial intake to final release. Im thinking of headers.. I believe volume stays the same yet compression dose not at points of collectors. (between short and long,,,,,power made early vs later)

With all that said,, im going to put on the 240sx 60mm tb. I have a chance to buy a adaptec computer and want the reostat on that tb. It would be FANTASTIC to dyno every move,, but alas.. money. I will be putting cam and headers back in after I get it running well. Ill dyno it then. right now only mods are cold intake(self made), advanced timing,, lightened flywheel(balenced),, roaly purple in entire drivetrain. (turbo fly and clutch pack)

Car is a blast to drive. Ill keep in mind tuning,, understanding i will reach full WOT before floored.

I really wish i could dyno every step. Such as puting headers on(dyno),, then cam without headers(dynoed) then togeather(dynoed) TB before anything and with every test before. The math at deepest levels is so damn complex. Its far easier to just trial and error like everything used to be,, then let the academics figured out what we did;) (btw,, we always led collages,, they only followed,,, back in the great times of course;)

tony,, hope ya still around!! hybridz has your notes;P,,, braap? rock on bro... I missed you guys. warren.. careless...blue...jmort..eveyone