HybridZ
DriftZ

L28ET in a 240sx

At first this sounded like the dumbest idea ever but thinking about it it can make sense. If you know L28 and have L28 parts then why not?

A "normal" turbo KA seems to be about 300 whp, that is not a strange number for a L28ET. The L28ET also came as a turbo from factory, that is always a good start. 

Lots of people fiddling with L28. For NA the L28 is much more common than KA24.

Downside would be weight and I think the KA24 gets better mileage and emissions.

But I have no experience with KA at all....

5 hours ago, turbogrill said:

At first this sounded like the dumbest idea ever but thinking about it it can make sense. If you know L28 and have L28 parts then why not?

A "normal" turbo KA seems to be about 300 whp, that is not a strange number for a L28ET. The L28ET also came as a turbo from factory, that is always a good start. 

Lots of people fiddling with L28. For NA the L28 is much more common than KA24.

Downside would be weight and I think the KA24 gets better mileage and emissions.

But I have no experience with KA at all....

If only they'd made a I6 version of the KA.... If you dig through the various KA DOHC L series threads you'll see a fairly strong reoccurring opinion that the KA head is superior in many ways to the RB heads, and that the main issue the KA engines have is the crappy factory crankshafts. A KA paired with the crower stroker kit and a big turbo likely has a better power/psi ratio than most RWD 4 cylinder platforms to date. Clean up the head with mild work and the right cams and you can just push power until you run out of turbo or find block power limits.