HybridZ

571 rwhp convertable v6 turbo 260z datsun

zdream

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic work. Those stub axles have a death wish at 571HP! CV axles may in its future!

Beat me to it!! have fun while the last, and they are VERY pretty, but you will likely blow those axles sooner than you'd like...

What kind of angle do they run at when the car is set on the ground? the closer to horizontal at rest, the better. Ideally, you'd like it to sit with the diff a little higher than the wheel hubs, so the axles point downwards just a tad. This way, under hard acceleration, or when a bump is hit, or any time stress is put on the rear of the car (read: hard driving) it gives you a little bit of room before you start sagging below..

Just keep in mind that the flatter you keep your axles, the longer they will last. Keeping spares around would behoove, as well. Even if they don't look that nice. That *is* a nice looking suspension, btw.. incredible looking car overall, the turbocharger fits under that door much nicer than a battery would :-D

Thank you all, your comments keep me motivated.Looking at the car and working on it every day makes me tend to forget how unqiue it is.The car is far from finished,its been 11 years since I started the project so no rush to finish it yet;-) The development of the engine wont go any farther as the power is unuseable on the street,it frys tyes in every gear and has so much torque that it can drive around in gear 5 all day,I can leave it in gear 5 and climb hills and still overtake without gearing down.

The rear end has handled so far because of lack of weight,it just wheel spins coming on boost,If it got traction Im sure the half sharfts would break,I will find out when I take down the 400m.The consul is staying clean,no painting or powercoating and the panel above that in the dash will be made the same.The whole car has had a new chassis built into it(though the rails and inside the car) its stiffer than a 15 year old first thing in the morning.Our laws are hard about cars in Australia so only the best will be allowed to be regiested to be used on the roads here.It was strenght tested on a rack.The paint work needs to be done again as im not happy with it,then the interior will follow. the engine computer and CDI is altronic (Aussie) the injectors are 770cc,the head porting was done by myself and as was the bolt ons, the piston are JE lateral gas ported items the rods are scat and the valves standard. It runs 25psi boost and revs to 8000rpm.Im working on ways to make it mangage heat better,there is no prolem with it over heating, I just think it can be improved.This car really scares the sh^#t out of myself and anybody that has been in the car when I put my foot down,Its fast,too much for a street car.It kicks harder than a stalion thats trying to be broken in. :P

When I started 11years ago I was 20 years of age and thought I would look cool behide the wheel of this car, I just wanted a powerful street car,I guess thats what I got.The car had to be ready to race, cruise well and be in a state to compete in car shows.

Hill climbs,track days,drags Ect.

I dont believe in having cars like this if you not going to do some form of racing with it.