HybridZ

ITB's with a twist

• Administrators

. . . .... Software and Hardware will resurface in the near future, I have that on Good Authority! LOL! :) It will have the same Resolution, it will program itself to what ever A/F Ratio you choose, after a base program is downloaded, then set those MAPs to Hard memory. Has Single Fuel Line Control, it can also raise Fuel pressure under boost or when ever needed, built in Wideband control! Also has built in dash boards with instrumentation for your Woody with Woodgrain, Carbon Fiber, Brushed Aluminum, or Chrome for your dash mounted 6" x 6" Display! :)

My Good friend and Buddy Bought into the Company and will be releasing it in the Near Future!

Thanks Kevin

Thank you for sharing and all your input. I have a few questions if you don’t mind answering them publicly?

1) Did I understand you correctly when you said that this ECU will be available here in the states in the near future?

2) Is it just a one size fits all ECU or are there separate ECUs depending on ones EFI/IGN needs?

3) I am curious as to what ignition control, if any, does this system have and how many ignition channels it has, i.e. DIS for an 8 cylinder possibly?

4) ETA on its availability?

5) Any detailed info, spec sheet, brochure, etc?

6) Did/Does this system have name other than the company name?

Thank you,

Paul

Hey Paul:

Yes it's American Made and will be for sale here!

1 ECU that has numerous Ignition Options, but I am not sure if it has 8 seperate Ignition Drivers or Not, so Sequential Ignition control may not be available! With that said you can Map several points in 3D and then hit interpolate and it builds you a 3D Ignition MAP based on those Mapped Points!

Knowing the Owner it very well may do Coil on Plug for V8's!

Time table? I am not sure!

Last Cost Retail amount I heard will put it in the Economical Class of ECU's! Name and More Details needs to be Addressed by it's Company Owner! Sorry I can not be of more Help, but it is not my ECU Company!

Kevin

We did a slight redesign on the Plenum Base Plate that will now allow the Group Buy Package to work on both the RB26DETT and the L24-28 Turbo and the Normally Aspirated Motors!

The L series motors will need a Weber or Cannon Triple Manifold, and the ITB to Manifold base Plates will be different than the RB26's single Base Plate!

Below is the Plenum Base Plate and Plenum cover flange before cover is Welded in place!

l_089955330be64453a01603a9e955656d.jpg

Thanks Alex:

Be nice if we could get the group buy off the ground then RB26's, L28's turbo and N/A guys could use it! Unfortunately the way our Company is set-up it takes the 10 orders to secure a good enough price to make the Semi custom Parts economical! Case in point we've had Vendor Quotes as high as $395 per plate, and of couse some cheaper, most of those were from some far away lands, no offence to any one outside the USA, but we wanted to be a "100% Made in the USA" Parts company from the start!!

Forgive me if my American Pride is Showing! :)

Kevin

I have designed the following two part setup which incorperates the airhorns into the base plate. the plenum was designed so that it could be made out of standard 3.5" 10CR mandrel bends and sheet metal. If your vender is charging that much you need to find a new one, the aluminum cost about 25 bucks for both plates.... and machine time of prolly around 30 mintues.

flang.sized.jpg

flange2.sized.jpg

plenum.sized.jpg

chargeplenum.sized.jpg

I have also designed a one piece plenum with get ride of having to have a base plate and the plenum seperate and gets ride of the mounting holes being directly in the airflow, ill post this up later as its on my work computer. This was the route i was planning on.

I was pretty set on going the ITB route, but I think I have decided against it so if anybody wants these models lemme know and ill send em your way.

240Hoke:

#1 We do not tell Lies and we pride ourselves on being who what we say we are, here's the Quote:

click for details

Celtic Industrial Services, Inc.

Rating: ic_star_xs.gific_star_xs.gific_star_xs.gific_star_xs.gif ic_view_profile_S.gif 5

5 325.0000 USD

325.0000 USD 385.0000 USD

385.0000 USD 1,925.00 USD

1,925.00 USD Comments: My name is Mark Runnels and I am with Celtic Industrial Services, Inc. in Augusta, GA. We are a full service engineering company with complete machine shop, tool & die, and fabrication capabilities. W...(more)

#2 if you want to build those Plenums for the group then please by all means do so! If you want to give them away please do so! We never wanted to be in the Plenum Business, or custom parts business! Extrudabody had rather leave this door open for Custom parts and install Shops to use our ITB's! We were just trying to build a solution to the original test bed which needed a Plenum to work!

Sincerely!

Kevin

I believed that the greatest thing about this web site is all the wonderful and great ideas that we all have to make one item to work, our Z cars, one way or another is going to work. Austin, Kevin, and everyone else.... Keep the great design and ideas coming......?

Alex

Your design is also very nice Kevin. I think you will have a fine product to offer, especially after all the smart guys here on HybirdZ chime in and add their ideas of whats wanted/ needed...

I really hope this gets off the drawing board, and onto some of these bada$$ Z cars we have here... :P

That's some nice Work Ron! So is Austin's!

Kevin

Okay here is my one piece plenum design.

The smaller plates are what I call the weber pack to plenum adaptors. They bolt to the throttle bodies and the ring around the top is for a standard viton o-ring you can get from macmaster or whereever. The oring provides the seal on the plenum. The plenum can then be easily bolted onto the adaptors with the 8mm bolt from the back. The adptors are sunk into the base plate to provide extra strength.

Anyway I thought this was a much better way of approching it then dealing with bolts inside the plenum and inside the airflow. The plenum adaptor plate woudl be generic for any 2 bbl weber retro fit.

My deminsions arent exactly spot on in these sketches as they were quick, but you should get the general idea. Also the 8mm threaded holes in the base plate would not go through so there woudl be NO protrusions into the plenum, or anywhere for a leak.

o_ring.sized.jpg

Hey Alex:

I know you want to run a Cold Air Plenum like these Drawings, but If all the Plenum stuff falls through take these drawings to Mick Argeauio! He is located on Daleville Avenue in the POS Building 200 yards Past hiway 84 on the left as you are headed to Clayhattche, he has no sign up ! Tell him I sent you and you need a Plenum, if he balks tell him I will get Debbie to put those cataracts back in his eyes! :) LOL! :)

Mick is a Guru with 30 plus years Mold Building! Don't mention Carbon Fiber or he will throw you out of his shop! :) He can build you a Fiberglass replica of these Drawings and then build you a Fiberglass Plenum or Breather Box! If you want it to be carbon Fiber you will have to ship it to some Carbon Fiber guys and they can cover it for you!

By the way you are 1 of the 10! :) Bet you did not know that did you?

Thanks for signing up!

Kevin

Is Anyone still Intrested in this as a group buy/project?

If not? We need to pull the plug as we have quality vendors quoting daily on the base Plates and Plenum construction parts, we do not want to waste their engineering time quoting something that will not be built! If so? let's move forward with a Plenum design that will work for both the RB26 and the L28e and Turbo motors!

The RB26 and the L28E & T with a Cannon have different #2 to #3 and #4 to #5 cylinder Bore spacing! The RB is 103mm and the Cannon is 104 or 102mm can not remember at the moment, but the ITB to Plenum plate in the drawings I did will work for both! The plenum attachment plate can easily be changed to accomendate the better flowing Plenum design of Austins! I have not secured a quote on it's Fabrication yet!

One thing is head to Shock tower/master cylinder Clearance for the Skyline, Z-Car w/rb26, Z-Car w/L28

Just need to know where this project is going one way or the Other!

Thanks

Kevin