HybridZ

twice pipes -my version

madkaw

My version of twice pipes finally starting be be a reality. Some of the most challenging but fun fabricating I've done. I wish I was initially brave enough to do this in SS but wasn't sure how it would turn out. Can't wait to hear it!!!!!! z_pics_138.jpg

I never did find one so I made that one. Just takes 2 -90 degree bends and 4 -45 degree bends and a welder , oh ,and a lot of patience. I thought about using a 2.25" crossover but decided to build my own. At

90$ for a dynoflow , i about bought half of my whole system for that. besides, you are limited to working around their dimensional specs for incorporating into a Z chassis. i did find someone that did make a 2" Xover the other day when i picked up my glasspacks and i can find it somewhere if you like?

Thanks John. Actually the exhaust will be removable . Someone showed me the bandclamps for exhaust and i will be using them to connect the rear section(behind the diff) to the front. I will also use the band clamps to connect to the header.

Picked up my 12" glasspacks today. I wish i could have fitted longer ones but it's to tight in there.Now I need to decide what tips:?:

Damn I am having a hard time deciding which tips to get. I also can't believe how $$$$$$$$ some of these are. I am considering two sets of dual SS tips out the back--what do you think. I also wonder how restrictive the monza dual tips would be with built in resonators. I need to make up my mind so I can finish this up:confused2 :confused2 :confused2

Get the monza splitter duals and cut off the tips. I bought a righthand Monza 300zx muffler new off Ebay for $13. I'm using the muffler, but I cut off the tips since I had to flip the muffler to fit. Ended up welding on some generic chrome tips. My muffler guy did it for $40 uncluding the tips. I'll see If I can find the tips. Pretty sure there "2 dia. You might want them. By the way which is better; the GMs, or the GEs? Who you running for, NS or CSX? See Ya!

Dave K

Dave,

i can't quite picture what your saying ,maybe a pic would help.

I run for CSX and for the most part I like the GMs the best . The sd 70's are pretty amazing , nothing fancy , just gets it done well.

• 2 weeks later...