HybridZ

Thoughts on a 57MGE Toyota Hybrid

Anyone ever build a 7MGE 3.ltr bottom end with a 5MGE Head? I have several of these engines, but none have good 7mge heads! I know from looking at the heads it will not flow as well, but wonder what compression ratio, HP, and Torque numbers the combination might make?

Here is an idea for ya or what we call "Runner Length Tuning" for the Normally Aspirated Guys! And Yes......... they would all need to be the same Length! :)

3 50mm ITB's has to flow better than 1 60mm right? Hahahaha! :)

l_9c871dc64135e332f22cbfe851d134dc.jpg

You can add 1", 2" or 3" on each end of the Extrudabody ITB's to tune the runner length or to work around some clearances in the engine compartment!

l_e3a490aefcaa7bc9ef32cd8ccf200942.jpg

This was a simple Machined Base Plate "With no fancy CNC work" to show what can be done with the Extrudabody Concept!

Kevin

• 1 month later...

back in japan in the day they made a 6mge before a the 7mge, it was just that a 7m bottom with a 5m top. the 5m heads flow quite well have a close look at one off an engine. nice combustion cambers, good radius's on the ports, big valves. a turbo 5m makes same hp lb for lb of boost as a 7m. but the torque curve is wayyyyyy different.

I built a tt 6mge. I sold it just recently to a friend of mine that has a MKII supra, can't wait to see it in there man that sucker will go.