HybridZ

Seat swap list

bschiltz

I am a BMW fan (currently have a 06 330 ZHP) which is why I went with the Z3 seats. I looked at the e30 seats, but the ones I looked at mounted from the side and looked to be a pain to mount. They may not all be that way, but just be aware before you buy them off eBay. I got my Z3 in leather, with heat and power foir $150 plus shipping. They fit like a dream and really don't weigh too much more than the stock seats.

I'll be able to add '06/07 Miata seats to the mix. I went and measured and did the seat of the pants test at my dealer, liked 'em and bought a set off of ebay for $300, brand new (spec miata).

Should be here by next Friday. Also, if someone is interested, there are a set of Lotus Elise seats that are on ebay at this time. I bid on them once but then decided against due to the color - burgundy or red depending on how you look at them. Very cool though.

Bryan

Dat240zg

I think for this thread to be useful, we need to keep to swaps that actually have been completed with pics and fab info. I don't see any value in speculating what may fit. Just my opinion.

Kregan/summit leather racing seats fit if you remove the knobs off the ends. the only problem with them is that they raise you up from the floor about 2 inches. so if you are tall they are a no go. otherwise, great swap

the good thing about the 350z seats is they are a lot lower. I'm short, but I had to use 3 of the spacers that come with the stock seats to get the Z seats up to a decent height.

My car came with a plastic summit racing seat, and my helmet hit the roof. With 3 spacers I've still got over an inch of headroom with the helmet on. THe 350 seat rails sit above the seat bottom.

zseats003mediumst3.jpg

zseats002mediumcu3.jpg

zseats001mediumeu2.jpg

the good thing about the 350z seats is they are a lot lower. I'm short, but I had to use 3 of the spacers that come with the stock seats to get the Z seats up to a decent height.

Looks great! How much fab'ing did it take to fit? What did you do to get it to fit? I owned a 2004 Touring model and the seat controls irritated me (on the thigh). I felt the hardness of the controls.

Thanks

thats why I like the non-power track seats better!

I drilled a couple holes in the stock sliders and put a bolt and nut through to make them immobile, then I cut off the handle.

Mounted angled bar stock across the stock sliders perpendicular

Cut the legs off of the Z seats

Mounted the Z seats sliders onto the bar stock.

The front drivers seat is height adjustable in the front part, so I needed something to hold the left and right sides together. I used a heavy cable and turnbuckle to tighten since I don't have a welder or fancy stuff like that.

Kregan/summit leather racing seats fit if you remove the knobs off the ends. the only problem with them is that they raise you up from the floor about 2 inches. so if you are tall they are a no go. otherwise, great swap

do u have pictures of the summit leather seats swaped in a z? im intrested in doing that swap. If someone has pictures i would appreciate it!

Hey 2003Z

Which model 350Z came w/o electric controls. I thought they were all the same. The damn controls is one of reasons I traded it in for G35 Sedan.

That and those f..ing front tires.

Thanks

Hey 2003Z

Which model 350Z came w/o electric controls. I thought they were all the same. The damn controls is one of reasons I traded it in for G35 Sedan.

That and those f..ing front tires.

Thanks

Base, Enthusiast and Track and Performance. Touring was the only one with electric/leather. Grand Touring now too.

I paid $55 for my mr2 seats at the JY, they had no rips or tears, just very dirty. nothing a bissell wouldn't fix. They weighed about 15-20lbs each tops, driver seat had manual adjustment for lumbar, bolsters, and thigh support: 10 way seat.

to swap in, jon miwa (jumbo240ez) helped me shove those in with aid of a mig welder and fabricating easy brackets from some materials from local orchard supply hardware. You can see progress and bracket pics in the link I provided above

do u have pictures of the summit leather seats swaped in a z? im intrested in doing that swap. If someone has pictures i would appreciate it!

i had to remove them the same day cuz i couldnt drive witht hem in there due to my height. they raise you up about 1.5 inch. I had them in my honda for about a year and they were the most comforable seat ive ever felt for the price