HybridZ

Seat swap list

bschiltz

They are leather with power and heat (don't have the heat hooked up yet). Had to trim the plastic pockets off the outside of both seats, then they fit perfectly. About the same headroom and legroom as the stock 72 seats.

IMG_0015_thumb.JPG

N13 series (1987-1990) Nissan Pulsar NX seats seem to be plentiful, lightwieght, and fairly easy to install. These are smallish for my fat arse. I'm 5"10 with 40" waist. These are still more comfortable than the worn out stock seats.

Today, I pulled the black leather front seats out of a 93 Saab 9000 CSE. I had to abandon the seat computer, fore & aft gear, and the hieght adjustment automation, otherwise they would never fit in the S30. I can keep the lumbar support, heat, and motorized recline. These seats are very comfortable. $40 at the junkyard. Looks like it will be easy to make the Z sliders work on the Saab seat frame.

They are leather with power and heat (don't have the heat hooked up yet). Had to trim the plastic pockets off the outside of both seats, then they fit perfectly. About the same headroom and legroom as the stock 72 seats.

Does the seat control irritate your thigh? This is one of reason, I traded in

my '04 350Z.

Does the seat control irritate your thigh? This is one of reason, I traded in

my '04 350Z.

No, the seat controls don't contact my thigh. They are recessed below the surface of the seat. My seats I think are 05, and and they are almost identical to 06 350Z seats. I'm 6'0 and 200 lbs. They fit me perfectly.

I just bought a pair of 98 Integra GSR black leather seats for $240 and installed them. They fit perfectly, look like they belong on the car, and the stock seat belts are still usable without modification. Removing the GSR seat rails was a bit of a pain due to the many spot welds that I had to drill out. Once I got the seat rails off I installed two pieces of steel flat stock 1/8" x 4"W 18"L across where the GSR seat rails used to attach at the front and rear of the seat. Then I bolted the Z sliders to the flat stock after a test fit in the car. The GSR seats are much more supportive especially in the lumbar area.

Miles

3-1.jpg

Corbeau a4s. great for anybody whos under 6'1 ish. im 5'9 so its a great fit with plenty of support. Does raise you about 3 inches thou (compared to stock seats). Seats are also much taller and a little wider. Only issue is that it touches the door panel when the door is closed. i can live with that thou.

this is a pretty bad pic. once i put my dash and interior pic in ill take better pics.

I'll post pics up later, but I've got Prelude (mid-late 90's) seats in mine. They fit great. All I did was bend the mounting tabs on the bottom of the seats (they were originally set at about a 45 degree bend), to a 90 degree bend, then I fabbed some spacers out of some metal tubing that I found at the hardware store, I then had to drill new holes into the stock seat mounting cross members, inserted some longer bolts through the spacers and voila!!! Excuse the mess, I'm rewiring....

Edit:

100_07081.jpg

100_0709.jpg

100_07111.jpg

100_0713.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Would any of these swaps be good for someone around 6'3"/6'4"?

the cloth 350z seats. I'm 5'7 and had to add 3 of the spacer washers to raise the seat high enough (about an inch), and I still have plenty of headroom with my helmet on.

Here is the info from a different thread about my new Mitsubishi Evo IX Recaro seats. The thread is located here:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=126499

EDIT:

I went out to look at a pair of Mitsubishi Evo IX Recaro seats today. They are from a 2006 Evo and were pulled after only one month of use. They are black leather and in like new condition. I knew I couldn't pick them up in the Z car so I pulled the passenger seat from my 510 and went down to check them out. They fit the 510 nicely and look like they will fit into the z nicely too. So I bought them. If they don't fit in the Z, I will use them in the 510.

Here are the pictures that the seller emailed me. They look gray in the pics but they are black.

DSC00547.jpg

DSC00550.jpg

Once I get them mounted, I will post more pics and info on the install. They look like they should fit the Z well. We shall see

• 3 weeks later...

These are 2004 RSX type S seats. I did the same thing the member with the S2000 did on his. Bang down the tranny tunnel on the driver side. The 240z's tunnel doesn't have that extra bulge like the 280's does, which you guys probably already know. All i did was chop off the RSX brackets on the sliders, and made custom brackets using the OEM L brackets from the 280z's sliders. The seats barely clear, but fit in the car just perfectly.

My cousin put S2000 seats in his Z, so i was able to compare the difference. You get less clearance to the ceiling as you can see with the RSX seats. The RSX seats are also a lot bigger and weigh probably 2 times as much with all the junk in it ie:airbags, heater, etc. S2000 seats are also much more comfortable....maybe i made the wrong choice. If i had to do it again....S2000 for sure.t

bracket-2_thumb.JPG

hammer down section-1_thumb.JPG

RSX and S2000 seats 001-1_thumb.JPG

RSX and S2000 seats 002-2_thumb.JPG

RSX and S2000 seats 008-8_thumb.JPG

Hey I found your lost cigarette lighter! It's right at the lower right hand corner of the seat bracket photo...

BTW, seats look great!

I put threw it down there because I figured i didn't need it anymore, since now i can breathe the fumes from the car. haha. Thanks for the comment.

here are my new seats-corbeau clubmans; fixed back-but leans back sufficiently [to accomodate my herniated disc], 22 lbs each lighter than the recaros i removed, more leg room and much more lateral support. i'm 6'3", long legs and i pull the seat cushion when i wear my helmet. loved them on the track! i tried several other seats before settling on these. some of the other seats with the 'wings' at the shoulders either didn't fit the z or my body. these worked great on my drive from upstate, ny to daytona and back for the convention [over 2700 miles round trip and no backache]! i really like them.

DSC05477.JPG